How far do you travel...........

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
13 miles. There are closer courses, but it has a gym and pool too. As a country club it is not a “one trick pony”, so I hope it is more financially stable that some closer golf only clubs.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Until I recently moved house it was just under 4 miles from home an 8-10 minute drive. Now it is about 600 yds and a 5 minute walk.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
my new course is 15 minutes drive down the M6 or 25 through the lanes, my closest course is 10 mins away but through winter its a shocker and rock hard in the summer so not much fun so worth the extra effort.
After this year I'd say 30 mins is about my max for a quality course.

fancy a country membership and a few more long weekends away reading this.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
15 minutes/6 miles.

Have a more expensive course within 1.5 miles which would be cheaper to play if I played as often as I did 10 years ago, due to petrol costs.

Doesn't have the same Craic though.

TeeRev

Visit site
As it's the easier and cheaper course in town I started playing golf at Seaford Head upon my journey into retirement six years ago, 18 months ago we moved into the Penthouse we built as our retirement home. When I wake up in the morning I open the blinds and I can see the Clubhouse, the 1st and the 18th holes, when I walk out onto my roof terrace I can see almost the whole course and it takes about three minutes to drive there.

As my golf has improved I have moved up to Seaford Golf Club at the beginning of this year, it's a bit more expensive and takes about four minutes to drive to, also I have to go out to the rear balcony to look at the 9th and 10th holes but it's a much better club and course with all the facilities you would need.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
As it's the easier and cheaper course in town I started playing golf at Seaford Head upon my journey into retirement six years ago, 18 months ago we moved into the Penthouse we built as our retirement home. When I wake up in the morning I open the blinds and I can see the Clubhouse, the 1st and the 18th holes, when I walk out onto my roof terrace I can see almost the whole course and it takes about three minutes to drive there.

As my golf has improved I have moved up to Seaford Golf Club at the beginning of this year, it's a bit more expensive and takes about four minutes to drive to, also I have to go out to the rear balcony to look at the 9th and 10th holes but it's a much better club and course with all the facilities you would need.

Nice set up. Quite jealous actually