How far do you hit driver?

RichA

Visit site
Average 242 carry over last 10 rounds. Max has been 254 carry. Which means at the moment, driving distance is about 243 and 255 respectfully :ROFLMAO:

My irons are pretty long though. Averages over last 10 rounds have been 6i 201, 7i 193, 8i 170, 9i 165 and PW 140!
How do you know the carry distance during a round? It is there always a pitch mark 1 yard behind your ball?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
How do you know the carry distance during a round? It is there always a pitch mark 1 yard behind your ball?

At my place recently the pitch mark has been in front of the ball or the ball is still in it unless you hit a low one.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Average 242 carry over last 10 rounds. Max has been 254 carry. Which means at the moment, driving distance is about 243 and 255 respectfully :ROFLMAO:

My irons are pretty long though. Averages over last 10 rounds have been 6i 201, 7i 193, 8i 170, 9i 165 and PW 140!

You hit your irons like rory and your driver like me :)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I don't - but what I do know is that the ground is pretty soft and so I don't expect much in the way of travel once the ball lands. Of course if it is travelling 20yds then my carry is 180-200yds.

But I am not bothered as round my track I don't need to carry 200yds. Played with a young lad - mid 20s - yesterday. He hit the ball a country mile and scraped the clouds. I knocked it round in 8 over gross - he knocked it round in at least 11 over gross (on two holes he lost a ball and didn't record a gross score for these holes).

As my pro told me..SILH - I can get you down to 6h/cap this year. You are 63 (or whatever) and your 6 will be a very different sort of 6 from that of a 23yr old - but you'll still both be 6.

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
After reading all the results on here I decided to go to the sky tracker today, at the end of the session hit a series of 10
217 Carry and 231 Total, which is about what I thought I was out on the course, I'm pleased with the smash factor as I know I'm putting a little too much left to right spin to get to the magical 1.50, but I play a slight fade anyway and I think it might be too ingrained in my swing.
Also need to work on getting the Back Spin rate down as well, as proved by hit 5
I know if I lose my short game with these figures I'm going to struggle
Stats
Club: Callaway Rouge Stiff Shaft
Index: 3.9
Been Playing: 45 Years

Attachments

• Odds Adj75.jpg
    Odds Adj75.jpg
    379.3 KB · Views: 14

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Use a GPS watch.
350 hole if you have 150 left after your drive you hit it 200 yds.
Dosnt roll much this time of year.
Just guess work unless you do find a pitchmark.

RichA

Visit site
Use a GPS watch.
Ha. Yep, I've got a golf watch and basic arithmetic skills, but wondered if I'm missing something that would allow him to so precisely know the average carry of his drives over the last 10 rounds.
I wasn't being snidey - I'm fairly new to this.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

Those iron distances are all over the place.
5 yards and 8 yards between 2
25 and 23 between 2 others
Jesus wouldn’t be happy with that.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Use a GPS watch.

You need to be careful though, it's very rare that the tee markers are right at the back of the tee box which is where the hole is measured from, so the 350 yard hole might actually be 240 or 235 yards.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You need to be careful though, it's very rare that the tee markers are right at the back of the tee box which is where the hole is measured from, so the 350 yard hole might actually be 240 or 235 yards.
Yes but most watches these days tell you the yardage from where you are standing to front,middle and back.
I used the hole measurements as just a explanation.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
After reading all the results on here I decided to go to the sky tracker today, at the end of the session hit a series of 10
217 Carry and 231 Total, which is about what I thought I was out on the course, I'm pleased with the smash factor as I know I'm putting a little too much left to right spin to get to the magical 1.50, but I play a slight fade anyway and I think it might be too ingrained in my swing.
Also need to work on getting the Back Spin rate down as well, as proved by hit 5
I know if I lose my short game with these figures I'm going to struggle
Stats
Club: Callaway Rouge Stiff Shaft
Index: 3.9
Been Playing: 45 Years
Similar. In studio I’m getting about 250yds inc rollout. And that’s just fine. Unfortunately at the moment on the course my driving is VERY variable (last time out had three very skitey tops) and significantly (20+yds) shorter. But last three rounds were three matches…and I won them all due to strength of my short game.

Anyway. As long as I keep drive in play and then keep sending it towards the green with on most holes getting GIR or NGIR…I’ll be ok. For the time being. But I need to sort driving as if I lose short game I too will struggle.

D

Deleted member 1147

I had the TM Stealth fitting on friday and my numbers with the chosen club are:

club speed - 107
ball speed - 151.5
Launch angle - 16.8
angle of attack - 0.4
carry - 260.8
total - 287.2

So about 10 yards longer carry than my Titleist 917