How far do you hit driver?

Albo

Visit site
Following on from the slow play thread and some honest distance answers, I thought i'd start this.

Me, usually carry between 200 and 220 depending on strike.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Varies a lot and I have never bothered measuring.

Once had a predict your overall distance comp on the 10th tee in to the wind par 4. Elevated tee, but landiing on an upsloping fair way. You could use any club.
I took driver, predicted 231 and pro measured it at 232.5.
I was winning at the time with the closest prediction, but came equal second at the end of the day.
Probably hit it much longer that that on a windless flat fairway.

AliMc

Visit site
I think i hit it a reasonable distance but i quite often try to take a bit off it in an attempt to keep it straight, I have only used my recently bought Shotscope once so far and it is showing 268 for Driver and 245 for 3 wood, that seems about right for the time of year with little roll

D

Deleted member 1147

I think around 240-250 carry on average. But can get it out further with a good strike, and a bit of anger.

AliMc

Visit site
Depends, I’d say around 230 average but I’ve hit plenty at 200 and a couple at 265 last Sunday. Also hit some 280/290 but that’s summer with loads of roll out.
This is the thing, on a fast running links like Dunbar in the summer it can roll out for miles, hitting it on the right trajectory and getting the right bounce can see it bounding down the fairway !

D

Deleted member 15344

No idea - our first is around 400-410 uphill and I’m normally going into the green wigh a 7 or 8 iron from about 140-150

My average is prob around 240 but have hit the odd few drives out there to hit 300

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Whenever I've been on a gc2 or gc quad my carry on an average hit is between 230 and 245.

Thats broadly in line with what I see on course tbh, bit less atm.

I do think I have quite a wooden swing though, I am experimenting some stuff at the moment that seems to be adding distance but I'm not sure how playable it would actually be on course.

Carlwm

Visit site
Around 180, I should imagine. My five wood goes about the same distance so technique's an issue, for sure.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Using the Shotscope P-Avg stat, my total distance with a driver for 2021 was 249. So I guess that's a carry of about 220 I suppose. (The P-Avg stat is the average of all the shots excluding the ones it thinks are unrepresentative stinkers).

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I stand over the shot with absolutely no true idea of the outcome these days.

Sometimes it it 270 yards sometimes it is 170 yards. I try my best, I try my best.

However there are certain holes where I use a 3 wood or or 20 degree rescue in case I hit my best .

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
How far do I hit, on course swings

Capture.PNG

How far can I hit it, not caring where it goes

IMG_20211211_160608.jpg

I'm fortunate that I have pretty much optimal launch conditions with my driver (high launch & low spin)

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When I get my rhythm going during a lesson on the Simulator, I can get it out to 290 -310 quite regularly.

On the course I think there is that many variables to play that it’s very hard to ascertain what an average drive looks like.

Wind, elevation, fatigue, roll out conditions all play a part.

We will all have hit absolute peaches which will travel poxy distances and we will all have thinned one that’s run further than Kevin Sinfield (a name for all my Rugby league homeboys on here ?)

My personal best on a flat and moderately dry course was 377 on our (Bolton old links) 9th. Best part was I chipped in for an eagle ??

longest ever was 401 down our 3rd which was very dry and from A raised tee box. There was probably some wind assistance too, however I drop that from the story to increase my macho kudos ?)

longest Ive heard of was our chairman (who is off scratch). During the height of summer and in a medal round off the tips, he hit the green of our 13th. Now it’s huge drop off in elevation etc. you can always hit some big ones.

However. He hit his a full 550 yards ?

Mental

Edit. Just to add. No WAY do it hit it near 300 regularly on the course.

I’d say my best ‘average’ is north of 260 with a few bigger ones in if the gods are kind.