How far do you hit driver?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
According to my Shotscope the performance average is 244 yards and the longest is 272 yards. If 244 yards is the average there must be some better hits going further, and some rubbish ones dragging the number down.

D

Deleted member 3432

I had the TM Stealth fitting on friday and my numbers with the chosen club are:

club speed - 107
ball speed - 151.5
Launch angle - 16.8
angle of attack - 0.4
carry - 260.8
total - 287.2

So about 10 yards longer carry than my Titleist 917

Ball speed is very low for 107 club head speed

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had the TM Stealth fitting on friday and my numbers with the chosen club are:

club speed - 107
ball speed - 151.5
Launch angle - 16.8
angle of attack - 0.4
carry - 260.8
total - 287.2

So about 10 yards longer carry than my Titleist 917
That launch angle seems quite high for a 0.4 aoa.
What was the loft / spin rates.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
I have often thought that they should scrap longest driving prizes and swop them for straightest driving.
Spray a line in the middle of the widest most level fairway from 180 to 280 yards and nearest ball to the line wins.
Agree. All a bit of a farce. I once lost a long drive prize even though I was 10 yards further. I’d rolled into the first cut where the fairway stopped short of a ditch.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I have often thought that they should scrap longest driving prizes and swop them for straightest driving.
Spray a line in the middle of the widest most level fairway from 180 to 280 yards and nearest ball to the line wins.

I've played in a comp with this (length of rope laid down the middle of the fairway starting at a suitable distance etc) it was good fun but the boomer boys still want something to test themselves against so it doesn't really replace longest drive

D

Deleted member 1147

I've played plenty of comps' with straightest, rather than longest, drive.

sunshine

Visit site
Well over 300 yards for me. I only count the downhill downwind drives in summer. I quickly forget everything else.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
One club I was at did exactly this. At least it kept it interesting for everyone, not just a small handful of players. The bombers could still win but they had to be straight as well as long.