How do you know it’s yours?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
After you have spent roughly 3 minutes looking for your ball, you eventually find one and try to identify it. How do you mark your ball and is there any reason for the markings?
Personally, I mark mine with a spider logo - usually using a tin cup ball marker but just made use of the cheap personalisation service from Vice and got them printed. The reason I use a spider is because we have a pet tarantula and thought it would be something different that made it easy to identify my ball.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My initials are OC which are both round letters, so I write them small inside two of the dimples (near the logo), in purple sharpie.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I put a red dot either side of the number, and with a second ball put a line under the number. Both are declared before they are put in play. If a 3rd ball is needed in the round I revert back to the 2 dots, unless its on the same hole as the first ball was lost.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A nice big 2 dots and big curved line to create a smiley face, in red permanent marker. Usually about 1 cm in total:)
If you're silly enough to draw that on your balls......;)

D

Deleted member 1147

A putting line on the ball and my name printed on it from Titleists Xmas offer last year

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
There seem to be a lot of players who work on the principle that as everyone else marks their ball, they don't need to as it will be unique.

D

Deleted Member 1156

There seem to be a lot of players who work on the principle that as everyone else marks their ball, they don't need to as it will be unique.
And also don't see a need to declare what ball they are playing......

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I stamp mine with a bat logo , however I normally say before hand playing a snell ball.. never seen another one on the course to date so it does help 😂