How do you clean your clubs mid round?

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Help me out here guys.If your grooves get clogged with dirt or sand how do you clean them mid round? I have been using a cheap little brush with wire and plastic bristles,but they don't last very long,is there a better method? Is there a better product out there? Thanks in advance! ;)

philly169

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i normally use a brush to clean the dirt after a shot, clean them properly when i get home.

Played with a chap yesterday who kept dipping his towel into the ponds and cleaned the clubs with that.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Spit and a towel after just about every shot. Then when they get home they get left in a bucket of water for about 15mins, then the little wire brush.

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i normally use a brush to clean the dirt after a shot, clean them properly when i get home.

Played with a chap yesterday who kept dipping his towel into the ponds and cleaned the clubs with that.

Cheers mate,sadly my course has little water! Do you use one of the cheap brushes too?

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Deke, you're in Scotland, theres water everywhere!

Wet grass does for me if its that bad, in dry weather (when) I'll have the bottom of the towel very damp, that plus wooden tees cleans them perfectly in seconds.

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
just a towel for me, if there's a clump of mud, i dip it into water or a few whisks through the nearest long grass

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Does a wet towel clear gunk out the grooves?

Eventually gets it soft enough to clear with a tee of thumb-nail - or simply washes it away.

A few swishes in damp or long juicy grass helps too.

RBZ and other slotted FWs take a bit more effort though!

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Deke, you're in Scotland, theres water everywhere!

Wet grass does for me if its that bad, in dry weather (when) I'll have the bottom of the towel very damp, that plus wooden tees cleans them perfectly in seconds.

Fair point Darth! Maybe a tee and a towel is the way to go after all?

Jay1

Head Pro
Visit site
I use one of the little wire push out brushes like the one in the amazon link. Although the wire side now looks a right state, it is perfectly good enough still for cleaning grooves. Bit of spit, scrub with the brush, wipe with towel, job done. And my little brush thing is probably 10 years old now :)

Davey S2

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I use one of the little wire push out brushes like the one in the amazon link. Although the wire side now looks a right state, it is perfectly good enough still for cleaning grooves. Bit of spit, scrub with the brush, wipe with towel, job done. And my little brush thing is probably 10 years old now :)

Same here

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

only thing I dislike about them is with lots of use they can scratch the shiny part on forged clubs either side of the grooves, hence why I use a wooden tee and wet cloth