Deleted member 15344

Thought would seperate this out from the Telly thread

Only just seen the first episode so far

What’s everyone thinking so far

It was a good start and you can see it’s creating the story

Characters you can see forming and the cast so far look a great choice

D-S

Visit site
Ive watched the first two now and it is intriguing. I think its going to be really good, strong characters, mystery and the excellent production values of GoT.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Latest episode jumping forward 10 years was not great for me. Switching main characters actors, fast forwarding their lives was confusing. Also you miss out on seeing characters develop. Like Allicent for instance.

sunshine

Visit site
Crap so far.

The Rings of Power is far better atm

Am stunned by this point of view!

Rings of power is spectacular, with amazing CGI, but the dialogue is leaden with little character development so far.
House of the Dragon on the other hand has brilliant script writers and the characters are so compelling and bounce off each other. Not a fan of the time jump but I think it’s miles ahead of RoP.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
At what point does a slow build up become tedious? The pace of action is glacial, I'm not having a time leap as movement. I think without Matt Smith I suspect I may have even bailed by now. I'm sure there will be a big battle before the series finishes but it's taking far too long to get there.

Over to LotR, that has really picked up and has got its pacing spot on.

Kudos for the head chop last night though ?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
At what point does a slow build up become tedious? The pace of action is glacial, I'm not having a time leap as movement. I think without Matt Smith I suspect I may have even bailed by now. I'm sure there will be a big battle before the series finishes but it's taking far too long to get there.

Agree, it’s lots of talk and little action, I think it suffers like the later series of GOT where they had ran out off base material. The very best of GOT was from the R R Martins books, when the screenwriters took over the standard dropped.

Head chop aside last nights episode was nearly an hour and half long of nothing.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Agree, it’s lots of talk and little action, I think it suffers like the later series of GOT where they had ran out off base material. The very best of GOT was from the R R Martins books, when the screenwriters took over the standard dropped.

Head chop aside last nights episode was nearly an hour and half long of nothing.

i think now that the king is dead it will pick up as he was keeping a lid on things

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

I have it the other way around. This is far more in keeping with the early series of Game of Thrones with an emphasis on political machinations and backtstabbing as opposed to out and out warfare. I am really enjoying it but I actually find it far more comparable to something like House of Cards rather than the later Game of Thrones series.

From what I understand, the history of all of this is included in the books and is not something directly created for TV so it is Martin's work.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't forget, the book this was based on is an account of what happened according to some meisters...so also, some may not be a fully accurate account, things can chop and change. stuff happens.

The big stuff is coming, and I agree with @Fade and Die, it is very reminiscent of early Thrones with the movements, backstabbing etc. I think it's been very good so far....and with multiple seasons left to go.

The only 'issue' I have had is how it's obvious some are growing older, and others....don't. Daemon doesn't looks like he's aged at all, but a lot of other characters have changed cast member etc. Alas, hard to do to a point.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I have it the other way around. This is far more in keeping with the early series of Game of Thrones with an emphasis on political machinations and backtstabbing as opposed to out and out warfare. I am really enjoying it but I actually find it far more comparable to something like House of Cards rather than the later Game of Thrones series.

From what I understand, the history of all of this is included in the books and is not something directly created for TV so it is Martin's work.

I did a bit of investigation (googled it ?) and HOD is based on a book created by RR Martin called “Fire and Blood” This book is not really a novel, more of “a history book that serves the purpose of worldbuilding, while also doubling as a living document in Westeros.”

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I’m really enjoying it so far, lots of power battles going on between the families ?
It’s only going to get better as well, touch wood ??

sunshine

Visit site

I think the last two episodes (7&8) have been all about moving the chess pieces into position, and then next week will be total carnage, with the final episode exploring the fall out.

I’m struggling with all the plot holes in RoP. Like how did the numenorian army know which village in the south lands to head for to find the orcs?

D

Deleted member 15344

So what did we think of the finale ?

So the whole series was a slow burner until the King died and then it picked up well

A typical ending that means you just need to know what happens next

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Almost a carbon copy of the first season of game if thrones. Character development and backstabbing and scheming lead to a big finale moment ready for the pace to up in series 2