Horrific Season

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Having a stupid season mate , started 7.1 up to 7.8 got down to 6.6 back at 7.3 again now .. one or 2 decent cuts saving a horrific season

Last round
Birdie 4pts
double scratch
par 3pts
double scratch
Par 3pts

Some way to be level 2's after 5 .. stack of .1's for 35 pts ... css regularly 38pts

Season frustrating the heck out of me

You know the golf is there Steve ,

maybe just too many changes at the 1 time ? Maybe ya need to just let stuff settle in ..

Best of Luck mate

Cheers Bill, id had all my lessons over the winter to try and bed them in for the season, when i go the range I'm hitting the ball well and at the targets I'm aiming at, the problem i have is our front 9 is very unforgiving and a tough start also the weather has been shocking wind wise as you seen at St Andrews in The Open, i think I'm one decent round away from a great score,i just need to keep plugging away. Jimaroid will be in the same boat but he plays at St Andrews which is a bit more open to the wind

bunkered

Head Pro
Visit site
Would be interesting to know how the lessons are being delivered, just had a course of lessons using track man, without seeing the swing I am finding hard to make changes.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've played utter dross for around a year now. Been flirting with a rise to 14 and today's medal can see that happen. I'm not that bothered about it though- still enjoy getting out and playing. Don't enjoy medals anymore though as I show no signs of getting a cut. Still love a bit of matchplay and social games.

DCB

Visit site
I know what you mean about the wind Steve, after a false spring at the start of April it has either been blustery or downright windy just about every weekend since then. It's just impossible to play well when conditions don't allow any consistency to develop. The wind has made the ground rather bouncy even though the rainfall this year is above average for the East side of the country.

Look on the bright side though, at least you're getting out to play ;)

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Would be interesting to know how the lessons are being delivered, just had a course of lessons using track man, without seeing the swing I am finding hard to make changes.

Lesson were also using Trackman, but i had swing path issues which Trackman picked up and was giving drills to work on to sort that out which to be it has done. How did you find your lessons went

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know what you mean about the wind Steve, after a false spring at the start of April it has either been blustery or downright windy just about every weekend since then. It's just impossible to play well when conditions don't allow any consistency to develop. The wind has made the ground rather bouncy even though the rainfall this year is above average for the East side of the country.

Look on the bright side though, at least you're getting out to play ;)

Very true Dave at least I'm getting out.

bunkered

Head Pro
Visit site
Lesson were also using Trackman, but i had swing path issues which Trackman picked up and was giving drills to work on to sort that out which to be it has done. How did you find your lessons went

I have giving up with the trackman lessons, need to find somebody that uses the video camera.

Break90

Tour Rookie
Visit site
After a very promising start to the year dropping from 13.7 to 11.6, the last couple of months have been painful, just painful.

A severe attack of the unmentionables has led to no buffers in the last 7 rounds, and a series of net scores in the 80's.

have had a couple of lessons and a few practice sessions in the last month, the problems (grip, hip slide) have been identified, and I'm hoping that things are about to improve.

36hole foursomes match on Sunday, so for my partners sake I bloody hope so.......

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Jimaroid will be in the same boat but he plays at St Andrews which is a bit more open to the wind

Yep. I play medals at St Mikes too and that's even worse, what with the front 9 being open and overlooking the expanse of the Eden valley. One of the problems I've found is that not only has it been windy but we've not had much consistency in the direction, so a lot of courses and certain holes have been playing in ways that I'd hardly ever experienced before.

What's frustrating is that I don't feel like I'm slogging it into the teeth of the wind all the time - although that has happened - it's more that it's contributed to me missing a lot of greens this season. That has really exposed my lack of practice at getting up and down from near the green. Simple things like misreading the wind at a par 3 and walking off with a 5 or 6 on the card meant I missed buffer in three medals rounds on the trot.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yep. I play medals at St Mikes too and that's even worse, what with the front 9 being open and overlooking the expanse of the Eden valley. One of the problems I've found is that not only has it been windy but we've not had much consistency in the direction, so a lot of courses and certain holes have been playing in ways that I'd hardly ever experienced before.

What's frustrating is that I don't feel like I'm slogging it into the teeth of the wind all the time - although that has happened - it's more that it's contributed to me missing a lot of greens this season. That has really exposed my lack of practice at getting up and down from near the green. Simple things like misreading the wind at a par 3 and walking off with a 5 or 6 on the card meant I missed buffer in three medals rounds on the trot.
I used to play at St Mikes moons ago its a very difficult course to get a cut on the greens being small and the wins swirls at the top of the hill at the 1st and 4th, your short game has to be spot on there.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I used to play at St Mikes moons ago its a very difficult course to get a cut on the greens being small and the wins swirls at the top of the hill at the 1st and 4th, your short game has to be spot on there.

Yep, SSS of 68 doesn't help matters, it's a deceptively hard course considering its length. It's good practice but it hurts the stats.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well started the season on 11.8 and I'm now 13.4, I've played 18 comps and made 2 buffers because it was that windy up here that it was reduction only. I practised hard all winter and had lessons even went and saw a fitness instructor to get some routines to build up fitness and strength. I had high hopes of getting back to single figures again this year but not looking likely, anyone else having a poor season.

I feel your pain mate, 1 buffer, 1 below hc in the swindle, everything else has been cack!

I have also contemplated withdrawing from my club and having the rest of the season out

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Started at 11.7 and now 12.1 so hardly a nightmare. Qualified for Hillside and did ok there and won a monthly stableford but the handicap cuts I wanted haven't manifested and I haven't translated some good short game work in particular onto the course. Need to find some more consistency as I still have those two killer holes per round that takes any chance of buffer zones out of the equation.

If I was the OP I wouldn't worry. The work you've done over the winter will come good. Keep going, maybe get a refresher lesson and try not to get too hung up on the cuts and let the good scores take care of that for you

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oh I know your pain alright, I have had the worst season imaginable as I have had 18 straight 0.1s back with no buffers or not even close to a buffer.

keep plugging away and hopefully you will be back on form soon.

Just to cheer you up more the annual review will helps matters and give you another shot or 2 back! :D

D

Deleted member 17920

Just to cheer you up more the annual review will helps matters and give you another shot or 2 back! :D
Oh yes I can see that happening, I am waiting for the sympathy vote from the handicap committee as I regulary get comments on how well my season is going

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oh yes I can see that happening, I am waiting for the sympathy vote from the handicap committee as I regulary get comments on how well my season is going

Was getting a bit of stick about that on wednesday from the lads about getting another extra shot for the winter after the review,thats not going down to well

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
It'll come when least expected. I'm having some lessons right now, feels weird but when i get it right it feels effortless and amazing.

D

Deleted member 17920

Was getting a bit of stick about that on wednesday from the lads about getting another extra shot for the winter after the review,thats not going down to well
When is your review? Ours is feb time so I have got some time before I suffer the embarrassment of more pain from 50% of the membership that regulary take the p out of my scores.