Horrific Season

D

Deleted member 17920

An email you don't want! I had one last October :(
Ha ha I won't get an email, I can listen to it as it takes place right next to my office! If I carry on like I have been then it might be the best thing getting a shot back as I haven't been within 6 shots from buffer this year so every little helps lol

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ha ha I won't get an email, I can listen to it as it takes place right next to my office! If I carry on like I have been then it might be the best thing getting a shot back as I haven't been within 6 shots from buffer this year so every little helps lol

What's gone wrong mate!?

When we played at Aberdovey I thought your handicap would only be going down this year!?

Scratch lefty

Medal Winner
Visit site
Well what would you suggest then ? if you'd read the post i said I've taken lessons went and seen a TPI Instructor for the physical side of the game. After every round i think why am i not scoring well after the work I've put in? so lets here it then what do you suggest

I read your first post clearly and concisely and posed you some questions to think about but you still don't get it.

"Why am I not SCORING well after the work I've put in?"

Half of the clue is in your question but judging by your thinking so far I think you will struggle to achieve a lower handicap status unless you can figure a few things out.

Trying to help here honest, I am not the type to offer sympathy just logical facts and stone truth.

What do all good golfers do? Not a trick question...

Tiger man

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I read your first post clearly and concisely and posed you some questions to think about but you still don't get it.

I like this teaser, errr is it all good golfers score well?

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site

Half of the clue is in your question but judging by your thinking so far I think you will struggle to achieve a lower handicap status unless you can figure a few things out.

Trying to help here honest, I am not the type to offer sympathy just logical facts and stone truth.

I don't know honestly and i play with good golfers every week, what do good golfers then, i seem to be missing something here. I up for listening and learning

Scratch lefty

Medal Winner
Visit site
I like this teaser, errr is it all good golfers score well?

Scoring is the resulting action of controlling the golf ball.

You might think that sounds cuckoo and all to simple but just digest that statement and think about it.

Can anyone tell me it is anything else?

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Scoring is the resulting action of controlling the golf ball.

You might think that sounds cuckoo and all to simple but just digest that statement and think about it.

Can anyone tell me it is anything else?
Not easily done in a howling gale every week up here in the North of Scotland

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can join this thread :)

10.2 at the start of the year, then back to back 0.1's all the way up to 11.2. Only one good round which saw me cut back to 9.8! However, since then normal service has resumed with two 0.1's and probably one more today!

I feel your pain and you not alone. I had high hopes of SF this year. Practiced hard, getting fit (I was fairly fit anyway). But my mental side wasn't or still isn't quite right.

The one good round that got me cut was our club champs and after the 10 rises I wasn't going to play. I had a chat with the local golf coach the week leading up to it and talked me into playing and gave me some tips, i.e. just go out don't give a.....! Well I did and came back in with a 76.
God knows what went wrong on day 2 when i shot 92!

My non playing mates say that I take it too serious and if they can see it they're prob right. We need to remember this is fun not out jobs!

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Although I have been playing quite well this year, it seems that every qualifier I have played in has been plagued by strong winds. Our course is particularly exposed btw, being on the side of a hill with little tree cover. Have had several podium finishes, but only one handicap cut from 13 to 12. Otherwise they were either reductions only or I only made buffer.

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wish I had the wind and conditions to blame. The season continues as expected today.....

Par, Par, Par, Bogey, Bogey, NINE, Par, Par, Bogey. Then I totally fell apart, 7, 8, bogey, double, bogey, birdie, double, double, bogey for a 49 = 92.

Shocking shocking stuff.

My practice and knock about round have been going well, I'm actually hitting it so well at the moment, comfortable low/mid 80's in knock about but when it counts :(

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I see a lot of us here around the same level, within 3 shots of SFs.

It's only three shots so why is it so hard? We can all clearly play the game!

Everyone will have a slightly different reason. Mine was tee shots and knowing when to take a penalty drop. I could have shaved 5 shots off my last round with the latter!

Ive sorted the tee game by using alignment sticks, both driver and 3 wood are now reliable.

The above will get me round in about 11 over, I need to work out where the next 3 shots come from now as something else has slipped.

Most likely candidate is 120 yards and in as my putting and chipping is not a worry.

Strange as I play those shots all the time on my par 3 course, that said they are off mats...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My practice and knock about round have been going well, I'm actually hitting it so well at the moment, comfortable low/mid 80's in knock about but when it counts :(

Sounds a familiar story and mirrors my own. Doing a lot of good stuff in practice and have started to develop a more robust short game, especially chipping and bunkers. Get me on the course and sand shots are accidents waiting to happen and I have the touch of a pregnant elephant when chipping. Feel I'm doing a lot of things right mentally, and deliberately not having any swing thoughts. My good rounds have come without any thought on what I'm doing but more often than not I can be proceeding nicely in comps and then chuck two horror holes in and blow a buffer or cut and get a 0.1 back. Never the same hole, never the same type of shot

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sounds a familiar story and mirrors my own. Doing a lot of good stuff in practice and have started to develop a more robust short game, especially chipping and bunkers. Get me on the course and sand shots are accidents waiting to happen and I have the touch of a pregnant elephant when chipping. Feel I'm doing a lot of things right mentally, and deliberately not having any swing thoughts. My good rounds have come without any thought on what I'm doing but more often than not I can be proceeding nicely in comps and then chuck two horror holes in and blow a buffer or cut and get a 0.1 back. Never the same hole, never the same type of shot

As a pregnant elephant (well that's how I have been described...) I take offense at this.

Why can't pregnant elephants have feel and touch in their short games?

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Feel I'm doing a lot of things right mentally,

Reading many of your posts the majority of them have negative slants to them in regards your game. Maybe you should look at how you talk/type about your game and how this can be impacting you when you play.

This is not a Homerbash just an observation and no offence meant. :thup: