Horrific Season

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well started the season on 11.8 and I'm now 13.4, I've played 18 comps and made 2 buffers because it was that windy up here that it was reduction only. I practised hard all winter and had lessons even went and saw a fitness instructor to get some routines to build up fitness and strength. I had high hopes of getting back to single figures again this year but not looking likely, anyone else having a poor season.

Siren

Tour Rookie
Visit site
By the sounds of it mate your putting far too much pressure on yourself. Remember we play the game for fun go and and forget your score and im betting you will have a good game.

Easy for me to say I know.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I feel your pain mate.. Worked hard all Winter to build up some momentum, then just as the season started I was notified of upcoming redundancy and just didn't have the time to get on the course. I've played 3 qualifiers up to now and haven't broke 90 yet. The handicap has gone up to 7 and now I've started the new job, I still haven't got time to get on the course.. By the time I get some rounds under my belt it'll be Winter again.... :angry:

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've managed more golf this year than the last few and feel my game is OK by my admittedly mediocre standard but I don't get to play many medals and my handicap has gone up a couple of notches. Hoping to get a couple of medal rounds in and bring the handicap down but at the moment it does not look like its happening.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

Well started the season on 11.8 and I'm now 13.4, I've played 18 comps and made 2 buffers because it was that windy up here that it was reduction only. I practised hard all winter and had lessons even went and saw a fitness instructor to get some routines to build up fitness and strength. I had high hopes of getting back to single figures again this year but not looking likely, anyone else having a poor season.

Think you need to find enjoyment and fun in the game and forget lessons and fitness lessons etc etc

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just buy new clubs ;)

Keep plugging away Steve as I'm sure you still have plenty of medals to play in to get a couple of nice cuts.

Like the look of yours so could be on the cards haha, i know lads my mate calls it card in hand syndrome I've been there before ,went from 9 to 15 in 3 seasons then back down to 11 then back up its like yo-yo golf. the thing is when i go out for a knock with the lads i score well, its just a couple of bad shots thats ruining my score

Jungle

Head Pro
Visit site
likewise Steve,

Really toiled this year after ticking all the boxes pre-season.

Went up and played last night and stormed out with a great score. Two 7's on the last three holes left me scraping in the buffer, just.

A combination of poor weather and busy work has played a part in my poor year, that and some stupid golf of course.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
likewise Steve,

Really toiled this year after ticking all the boxes pre-season.

Went up and played last night and stormed out with a great score. Two 7's on the last three holes left me scraping in the buffer, just.

A combination of poor weather and busy work has played a part in my poor year, that and some stupid golf of course.

Weather has been poor ,playing in a hurricane most weeks doesn't help, my place is so unforgiving at times which doesn't help

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Much the same here after having my first ever lesson in 35 years , my handicap is now 17.1 .
Almost back to where it started 35 years ago :confused::mad::angry:.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't give up Steve, I feel your pain. I've had almost identical problems. The relentless wind we've had around these parts has been miserable to deal with. Everyone I know locally is fed up and has struggled this year and they're commonly blaming the freaky conditions we've been enduring.

I'm just hoping we get a late summer surge for September.

Scratch lefty

Medal Winner
Visit site
Ask yourself a simple question. Why are my scores not improving?

Your playing round after round and you still haven't figured it yet. The advice of "just enjoy the game" were not professionals is lame. There are many fine amateurs who grace this game who combine the work/golf life balance.

So what are you going to do?

D

Deleted member 17920

Oh I know your pain alright, I have had the worst season imaginable as I have had 18 straight 0.1s back with no buffers or not even close to a buffer.

keep plugging away and hopefully you will be back on form soon.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Was also hoping to get back to SFs but really struggling re-learning the golf swing. And just gone up to 11 (10.5) though as a result of a fluke good round couple of weeks back my roll-up h/cap has been cut to 8.9 So SF but not really.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Been there last year buddy. I went from 4.4 to 6.0 last year, with the odd buffer in there. This year is looking more promising, and the last two rounds have seen me drop to 5.6 and then to 5.1.

Keep plugging away. Talent is permanent, only form isn't.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ask yourself a simple question. Why are my scores not improving?

Your playing round after round and you still haven't figured it yet. The advice of "just enjoy the game" were not professionals is lame. There are many fine amateurs who grace this game who combine the work/golf life balance.

So what are you going to do?
Well what would you suggest then ? if you'd read the post i said I've taken lessons went and seen a TPI Instructor for the physical side of the game. After every round i think why am i not scoring well after the work I've put in? so lets here it then what do you suggest

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Having a stupid season mate , started 7.1 up to 7.8 got down to 6.6 back at 7.3 again now .. one or 2 decent cuts saving a horrific season

Last round
Birdie 4pts
double scratch
par 3pts
double scratch
Par 3pts

Some way to be level 2's after 5 .. stack of .1's for 35 pts ... css regularly 38pts

Season frustrating the heck out of me

You know the golf is there Steve ,

maybe just too many changes at the 1 time ? Maybe ya need to just let stuff settle in ..

Best of Luck mate

Last edited: