Hopes for new season football .

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Even as a Fulham fan I wasn't thrilled when we got into it, by default under some fair play scheme. It ultimately had a detrimental effect on the PL form especially with a wafer thin squad. Still as a fan I wouldn't have missed the adventure and the genuine chance to win a European trophy. As a big club though I can see how so many games is a distraction and drain on resources

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Even as a Fulham fan I wasn't thrilled when we got into it, by default under some fair play scheme. It ultimately had a detrimental effect on the PL form especially with a wafer thin squad. Still as a fan I wouldn't have missed the adventure and the genuine chance to win a European trophy. As a big club though I can see how so many games is a distraction and drain on resources

TO be fAir have been spoilt with 20 years of CL probably after this years barren European landscape the Europa league would be much more appreciated.
Lots of increased anticipation quickest sell out of season tickets for nigh on 10 Years.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I'd love for us to replicate last season. Ideally anywhere 8-12th with status secured long before end of season. Depends on how we send Liverpools money. Think we will do just fine though. Would like to see us take cups more seriously.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'd love for us to replicate last season. Ideally anywhere 8-12th with status secured long before end of season. Depends on how we send Liverpools money. Think we will do just fine though. Would like to see us take cups more seriously.

I think you could struggle, especially if anymore players go. I don't know you'll replicate last year but can see you being 14-16th and safe although it could get edgy for a bit. You've lost a lot of quality and it'll hard to replace them. I hope you do ok though

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I think you could struggle, especially if anymore players go. I don't know you'll replicate last year but can see you being 14-16th and safe although it could get edgy for a bit. You've lost a lot of quality and it'll hard to replace them. I hope you do ok though

i think people will be surprised. Loved as he was, lambert wasn't our main striker towards end of season. His penalties may be a miss though. Shaw will be excellent, but don't think an lb is key to a teams success. Lallana a big miss granted. But our youth players are thill coming through, could easily see three of them becoming main stays next year.

Id be very surprised if we slipped to 14th let alone 16th as I've seen enough of our first and development squad to believe we have eniugh in reserve.

Hope this his don't bite me next year.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
i think people will be surprised. Loved as he was, lambert wasn't our main striker towards end of season. His penalties may be a miss though. Shaw will be excellent, but don't think an lb is key to a teams success. Lallana a big miss granted. But our youth players are thill coming through, could easily see three of them becoming main stays next year.

Id be very surprised if we slipped to 14th let alone 16th as I've seen enough of our first and development squad to believe we have eniugh in reserve.

Hope this his don't bite me next year.

Hope you're right and clearly you know more about the talent coming through. Fulham have a great crop too (FA youth cup runners up and decent U18 league performance) and I hope now we aren't in the PL we have a chance to bring these on

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Hope you're right and clearly you know more about the talent coming through. Fulham have a great crop too (FA youth cup runners up and decent U18 league performance) and I hope now we aren't in the PL we have a chance to bring these on

I just hope you don't get situation we had. Walcott, bale and Ox all went for less than £12m each. Approx 7m upfront with bonuses and yet clearly all were worth more.

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Him believeing he's right, does mean you have to be an arse! You can disagree with him without constantly sniping.

Yep he is right at everything , got every tee shirt , been there done that , any topic and he has got mates on the inside or got access to inside info and always looking to argue plus he is on every thread , I dont have a go always , do let up now and again ;););););)

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Time will tell how much the extra games and no more Suarez will hurt Liverpool, but I think the'll be hard pushed to have the same Prem league performance as last year. UTD will bounce back, no Champs league so devoted to getting back towards the top of the Prem. City and Chelsea should be strong though.

Top 7 for me:
City (hate to say that)
Chelsea
UTD
Arsenal
Liverpool
Spurs
Everton