Home driving range nets

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
What happened?

I bought a net from them and delivered as advertised from them within 48hours!
I ordered last week and they sent me the wrong item. It arrived on Saturday, and I am still waiting on a response to my emails. They don't answer the phone, and there are countless others chasing orders from them on Twitter and Facebook.

ferenezejohn

Visit site
I ordered last week and they sent me the wrong item. It arrived on Saturday, and I am still waiting on a response to my emails. They don't answer the phone, and there are countless others chasing orders from them on Twitter and Facebook.
I had a look on their eBay site it seems the one they show in the add is not the cheaper version they send, very misleading to say the least.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

to be fair, they will be totally rushed off their feet, I bet they have never seen demand like it.

I ordered a chipping net from them which is due to arrive on Monday, fingers crossed!

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To be honest I am loving the accidental net failure stuff and the loss of golf balls into neighbouring gardens !
I am wondering if the neighbour who had a shabby all glass shed realises that it was a real golf ball that took out one of his glass panes 2 years ago? He should find 2 air balls in the garden ?.
I am getting a bit stir crazy with the lack of golf ... I found myself starting to agree with the “if we cannot golf you cannot go cycling or running argument” that is until someone said that the courses would be so busy and no one would social distance ...

However I do regret not fulfilling my dream of buying a field and a ride on mower to have my own personal practice ground ? ..

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
to be fair, they will be totally rushed off their feet, I bet they have never seen demand like it.

I ordered a chipping net from them which is due to arrive on Monday, fingers crossed!
Best of luck. It looks to me though right now they are taking orders on items they don't have...

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
For those using a net at home and are afraid of putting a real ball through neighbours glass house. These are much better than a foam ball.

They are hard plastic.

I can't remember where I bought them but hunt them down. I used to play small chips in my old living room until I thinned one and made a glass explode. They have been banished to the garden.

Screenshot_20200403-225703_Samsung Internet.jpg

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure I'll be getting one...
The echo around the garden and other gardens would be horrific
Whack, thud.....whack, thud....whack, thud
That would last about 2 minutes before a bucket of water would come flying over a fence....
I'll pass

If my neighbours had one they'd be getting the hose pipe, a bucket of water not enough.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Turned up this afternoon as scheduled. It's a bit smaller than I expected but seems OK. Will pass a bit of time as long as the dog doesn't destroy it!

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For those using a net at home and are afraid of putting a real ball through neighbours glass house. These are much better than a foam ball.

They are hard plastic.

I can't remember where I bought them but hunt them down. I used to play small chips in my old living room until I thinned one and made a glass explode. They have been banished to the garden.

View attachment 29652
I have some of these. The fins slowly get smashed off, but they are good for outside.

Sully

Visit site
Ok I am a complete beginner and have can hit a ball just over 200 yards at best with a driver . So not very strong and I put a ball through the net into the neighbours garden. Has completely shook me up and put me off using it .

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
What net are you using? I'm just hitting irons, but if you're hitting a driver 200 yards then that's pretty much my 4 iron...

Sully

Visit site
I’m using the net it came with which is a black nylon one. Thinking of getting a thick baffle sheet but am concerned in heavy winds it will blow the cage about . Does anyone have any experience of leaving these out all year round?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
got my matt (borrowed from the club) netting still not arrived though, was due to come last week, then yesterday, but tracking says its still sitting in Crew

anji71

Visit site
Im wondering whether the industrial taurpaulin could be used instead of netting. I've knocked up 4 old car mats for now.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

They are hard plastic.

View attachment 29652
I use the Masters one which have the dimples a regular golf ball would have. These ones.