Home driving range nets

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
I had a portable one - tent style. But I found I didn’t use it much as it took ages to set up. You can’t leave it out as the ground pegs weren’t strong enough for wind. I’ve just bought a cage with net for £350 from eBay .
I made one out of wood and netting , I'm only hitting lightweight balls in to it though.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had one a few years back at the old house, I erected it too close to the fencing at the end of the garden and destroyed the panels behind it :whistle::oops:

ferenezejohn

Visit site
D

Deleted member 21258

Ordered on Monday , delivered today .
Looking for a used range mat but using an off cut of Astro for now. £349.99 delivered from eBay.

Enjoy(y)

I would suggest purchasing an impact net or putting something were the ball hits regularly. We have been though a couple of nets over the years(ball ends up escaping in corners and were it hits the net regularly), and the balls go ping, whack, smack.:LOL:

We put a bed sheet just in front of the net which worked fine, but eventually purchased an archery impact net and that is superb.

Sully

Visit site
Enjoy(y)

I would suggest purchasing an impact net or putting something were the ball hits regularly. We have been though a couple of nets over the years(ball ends up escaping in corners and were it hits the net regularly), and the balls go ping, whack, smack.:LOL:

We put a bed sheet just in front of the net which worked fine, but eventually purchased an archery impact net and that is superb.

I’ve got a large target that it came with which should take some of the impact , my concern was if this acts as a sale when it’s windy. Did you find this a problem?

Sully

Visit site
I bought a pack of various height tees for £5 - a flatter Astro off cut for £15 and made this.

Just rotate the mat for the desired tee height .

Attachments

• 0B3AF65D-A0E9-435F-AB13-16D09158F9DB.jpeg
    0B3AF65D-A0E9-435F-AB13-16D09158F9DB.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 29AB364F-0DDE-4236-B20E-6A17B72A0EDD.jpeg
    29AB364F-0DDE-4236-B20E-6A17B72A0EDD.jpeg
    166.7 KB · Views: 30

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Not sure I'll be getting one...
The echo around the garden and other gardens would be horrific
Whack, thud.....whack, thud....whack, thud
That would last about 2 minutes before a bucket of water would come flying over a fence....
I'll pass