Home driving range nets

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I highly recommend callaway soft balls for nets. They’re sponge and react really well. Id never use a real ball on a net. Too many horror stories.

Question for all of you? Any of you using the garage. I’ve got an impact screen hanging off a steel wire tension kit so I can fold my screen away to one side. Added bonus is you are half way to a simulator room ?

Dogma

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have bought a net too. Comes Monday (y)

Did it early Tuesday which seems a bit of a blessing now as they now all seem out of stock.

Think I will use it in conjunction with my phone and dry shampoo to work on strike.

Now worrying myself that I'll engrain some bad habit :ROFLMAO:

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I have bought a net too. Comes Monday (y)

Did it early Tuesday which seems a bit of a blessing now as they now all seem out of stock.

Think I will use it in conjunction with my phone and dry shampoo to work on strike.

Now worrying myself that I'll engrain some bad habit :ROFLMAO:
Even SkyTrak have ran out of stock apparently.

Springveldt

Visit site
I highly recommend callaway soft balls for nets. They’re sponge and react really well. Id never use a real ball on a net. Too many horror stories.

Question for all of you? Any of you using the garage. I’ve got an impact screen hanging off a steel wire tension kit so I can fold my screen away to one side. Added bonus is you are half way to a simulator room ?
Do you have a double garage? Mine is about 7-8 foot wide, didn't think it would be wide enough to swing a club. Not even sure I could get the car in it and get out without climbing out the boot.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Any thoughts on how to practice into the net for decent feedback, thinking dry shampoo for strike, anything else?
Wee fella has already missed the net, flying over fence into neighbours garden ???

sunshine

Visit site
Do you have a double garage? Mine is about 7-8 foot wide, didn't think it would be wide enough to swing a club. Not even sure I could get the car in it and get out without climbing out the boot.

I'm trying to imagine what your swing looks like if you are unable to swing in an 8 foot wide space. I guess you're not able to use driving ranges either?

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site
Any thoughts on how to practice into the net for decent feedback, thinking dry shampoo for strike, anything else?
Wee fella has already missed the net, flying over fence into neighbours garden ???

The two I use are:
1.Thin towel behind ball to ensure striking down and not catching it fat.
2.Impact tape on face.

Both can be replicated using your spray.

Last edited:

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was told no temp net .. so I have purchased some callaway hex soft flite balls and cut the lawn low .., it will go lower!

Springveldt

Visit site
I'm trying to imagine what your swing looks like if you are unable to swing in an 8 foot wide space. I guess you're not able to use driving ranges either?
I wouldn’t want to be right up against the wall but you make a good point with the driving range. May have to give the garage a clear out to see if I can fit in there.
By clear out I guess I mean move all the crap to one side.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Put my net up and used it for the first time yesterday afternoon. Somehow I managed to balloon one of my foam practise balls over the net, it rolled off our conservatory roof and over next door's fence. I reached over and got it back with a pitching wedge though. :LOL:

It was the first time I'd use a practise net like this, you don't really get any feedback for how good your shot was, unless it was awful, then it's obvious. But I think it's still worth it to get my arms swinging every now and then. I think if I didn't even do that and went back to golf cold in 3 months time it'd be like starting all over again!

I do wish I'd let the missus put artificial grass in now. Our grass is all uneven because the gardener is useless (me). I did get a little 'fairway mat' to use but it doesn't even sit flat on the lawn so the ball rolls off it sometimes. :LOL:

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Have you got a link to the mat? Mine has clearly disappeared - moral of the story: Don't buy anything from the con-artists known as Net World Sports :mad:

Ratter

Visit site
My experience of home built net, copy and pasted from my golf Wattsapp group.

I been trying to keep myself busy during this weird time and this morning i was fancying a game of golf but obviously a no no. So next best i thought,,, order a practice net and tee mat. Well if you have tried to order anything recently you will know its virus priority orders only. So make one i thought, so i disappeared into my shed and after an hour or so reappeared with a state of the art practice net made from various bits of wood and tube with garden weed membrane as the net . I positiion it on the side of the house and threw a few balls at it , every ball stopping dead and dropping to the floor. Sooooo i fetch my trusty 7 iron and launch it at the net (weed membrane) just as Mrs L is pulling in the drive. I hit a cracking 7 iron only for my heart to sink too see the ball shoot like a bullet through the membrane a nano second later returning with equal force back through the membrane , worse still it missed Mrs Ls head by an inch but not the neighbours car, straight on the windscreen luckily it did no damage . My practice net is now in the bin and i am in the dog house