hoebridge gc free club fitting

lucan

Club Champion
Visit site
i have just seen a advert in golf news for a free club fitting at hoebridge golf centre.
has anyone been for a fitting there
i know there is a driving range there so you can see the ball flight unlike the fitting i had with my club pro hitting balls in to a net where i ended up buying a set of irons that were completely unsuitable.
i am wary about making another very exspensive mistake.

woosey

Assistant Pro
Visit site
go to the manufacturers demo days, i went to TM's demo day at my home club, used their flight scope and tried a load of different combos of irons/woods/shafts and it was fantastic, as it's a demo day you can't actually buy anything from the van, so there is 0 pressure for a sale, they just note down what worked best for you and pass it to the pro shop where you can then order from.

Would really recommend it, i got 45 mins on a flightscope for free at the end of the day ;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If you are looking to get a proper fitting, go to Pachesham near Leatherhead. Independent and stock Ping, TM, Mizuno, Cobra, Yonex and Wilson so plenty of choice. Full state of the art fitting centre and monitor and straight outside is a bay on the range to see the ball fly properly.

I would suggest the Hoebridge offer is tied into some kind of demo day or a chance to measure your own clubs on a monitor.

lucan

Club Champion
Visit site
If you are looking to get a proper fitting, go to Pachesham near Leatherhead. Independent and stock Ping, TM, Mizuno, Cobra, Yonex and Wilson so plenty of choice. Full state of the art fitting centre and monitor and straight outside is a bay on the range to see the ball fly properly.

I would suggest the Hoebridge offer is tied into some kind of demo day or a chance to measure your own clubs on a monitor.

I did look at the pace sham site but 45 pound for a driver fitting seemed a bit steep