Hitting straight left

Skypilot

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I can't work out why I'm tending to hit straight left lately. Not hook or draw.

It's just my irons as fairway woods and driver are ok most of the time.

I've checked the usual errors such as swinging outside in, club face not square and grip but can't seem to find out what the hell is going on.

Too busy to get a lesson this side of Xmas so wondered if anyone has got any tips or advice.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
For me it's normally not retaining enough lag in the downswing. Try to do the downswing with the wrists still cocked. It's impossible to do this but I find that this gives me the right feel & adds a lot of power to the shot. Something I'm working on at the moment.

Skypilot

Assistant Pro
Visit site
For me it's normally not retaining enough lag in the downswing. Try to do the downswing with the wrists still cocked. It's impossible to do this but I find that this gives me the right feel & adds a lot of power to the shot. Something I'm working on at the moment.
So you think you straighten out a little early?
I'll have a play around with consciously trying to keep the cock until the last second and see what happens, though I assumed that's what I was doing anyway.

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can't work out why I'm tending to hit straight left lately. Not hook or draw.

It's just my irons as fairway woods and driver are ok most of the time.

I've checked the usual errors such as swinging outside in, club face not square and grip but can't seem to find out what the hell is going on.

Too busy to get a lesson this side of Xmas so wondered if anyone has got any tips or advice.

what tends to be the norm starting direction & trajectory & curvature shape of the fairway metals & driver ?

how did you check the "the usual errors such as swinging outside in, club face not square and grip" ?

did you check the ball position with the irons in relation to the upper chest & shoulder alignment to ball/target line ?