Hitting Net

Newtonuti

Visit site
Anybody have any recommendations for a decent hitting net for at home? It'll give me chance to work on swing feelings etc at home before I go to work or after work depending on what bloody shift I'm on.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I had a net once upon a time. Although they are very strong, the constant catching a ball that is spinning (I only used wedges into it) wears it out more than any speed the ball may have.

If I got another one I would make sure there are 2 layers to the back of it, or maybe a canvas behind the net. It’s quite a scary experience when the first ball goes through it!

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I had this and it was brilliant during lockdown. Gave it to a mate who needed it more. It's big enough to hit driver into, although I rarely used it for that. Great for 6 irons.
ORIENTOOLS Golf Practice Net, 10 x 7 Ft https://amzn.eu/d/guu0YCY

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site
Have you got one of these? I’ve looked at it a few times but would be worried about the ball going through the net. How much space do you need behind it?

Yes, I have one which I've had for over 3 years and it's stood up well to loads of use. I never use anything more than a 7 iron so not sure how it would withstand ball speed off longer clubs. You don't need a great deal of space behind it. This is my basic setup:
https://ibb.co/9pGGCY4

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
Yes, I have one which I've had for over 3 years and it's stood up well to loads of use. I never use anything more than a 7 iron so not sure how it would withstand ball speed off longer clubs. You don't need a great deal of space behind it. This is my basic setup:
https://ibb.co/9pGGCY4
Thanks, looks good. Do you just leave it out or is it pretty easy to put up and take down?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't spend too much. You will inevitably get bored of it after two or three goes and it will sit dormant in the garage/shed. There's something about not really seeing the ball flight that makes it feel a bit pointless.
Plus if you have a fault in your swing you ingrain it that much that you need major surgery to correct it.
if your working on something you really need to see the ball flight .
Ball flight is everything imo.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Plus if you have a fault in your swing you ingrain it that much that you need major surgery to correct it.
if your working on something you really need to see the ball flight .
Ball flight is everything imo.
Yeah - I bought a net for the first lockdown. It was nice to keep the feeling of hitting balls going when we weren't allowed on the course, but after 5-10 minutes I was over it really. As you say, you can't really work on anything without seeing what the ball is doing.