Highest hcap playing to scratch

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Having a gander on Facebook last night and one of the lads has posted a piccie of his card. He played Ramsdale yesterday with a hcap of 9 and shot a level par 70. Obviously he is over the moon.
anyone else know of an higher handicapper that has played to scratch.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
What you are describing is shooting level par. As handicaps are taken from the SSS/CSS its not the same as "playing to Scratch"

I would Imagine the "short Game wizard" may be up there:rofl::rofl:

Though a guy at ours shot the CSS (73) par 71 off 12 in the club champ qaul this year. though he did have a 96 the 2nd round

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I had a 4 under gross on my own course off the yellows, in a Saturday morning bounce game with my mate. I was off 9 at the time.Our yellows are only about 180 yards shorter over the whole course.

Everything was holed out (as had 3 birdies in the first 6 holes), all rules applied. I was a very good putter in them days.

Off 5 now, and my second best score is 1 under gross - go figure.

D

Deleted member 17920

If you look at any off the big multi day opens you will find there are more than several people who are higher handicaps playing to scratch :D

Wasn't there a 48 or 49 pointer in the Southport classic recently from a single figure handicap.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
First time I shot level par I was playing off 12 either Presidents Day or Captains Day, meant I’d finally got down to single figures

That must have went down well?

I'm certainly not ascribing you to the following thought, but is often discussed how our president/captains days are won by persons 'holding' their handicap

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
That must have went down well?

I'm certainly not ascribing you to the following thought, but is often discussed how our president/captains days are won by persons 'holding' their handicap

Not sure I understand why people would protect their handicaps for presidents or captains day? Prize giving on the day perhaps? Anyway, no definitely not I was desperate to get to single figures back then and just had a blinder that day!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
1under off 7 and level off 8

i was 3 under through 13 and limped home with a putt that wiped its feet before dropping for under par round.

the level round i was 2under through 15 then dropped 2 silly ones on 16 and 17 to need an up and down from a bunker to save par on 18.

they were great things to get off my back. i was bricking it both times with nothing riding on it bar the battle between myself and the course.

certainly taught me to feel more comfortable with a good card going.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
1under off 7 and level off 8

i was 3 under through 13 and limped home with a putt that wiped its feet before dropping for under par round.

the level round i was 2under through 15 then dropped 2 silly ones on 16 and 17 to need an up and down from a bunker to save par on 18.

they were great things to get off my back. i was bricking it both times with nothing riding on it bar the battle between myself and the course.

certainly taught me to feel more comfortable with a good card going.
you do know that 7 and 8 are not higher than 9 don't you ;)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I once played matchplay against a 15 handicapper who shot level par.

FML

love it when that happens:(

i played a couple of years ago against a guy off 12 (so giving 7 shots at the time) was 3 under gross for the front 9:rofl: played out my skin and only just avoided the dog licence.

I asked him after why i hadn't seen him in many comps before.. he said he refereed matchplay and Texas scrambles :rofl:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Either level or maybe 1 over playing a 4bbb against MashleyR7 and partner including a hole in one off 11h/c

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I did him a dis service, he never finished level. He played one under 😳 Shot a 70 on a 71 for a 61