Expensive wasted round

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
We had our Pit golf day today. Loads of funny stories knocking around. However one of the lads was on about when he played Hillside a couple of weeks ago. He plays off 5. He lost six balls, topped them, scuffed them. He reckons it was the worst he has ever played. He played with a +4 handicapper who was brilliant. He said he has never been so embarrassed during and after a round of golf. He raved about the course but said it was a wasted £200. Flippin eck.
anyone else paid some serious money and failed miserably.

Visit site
On a golf trip, one of my mates, who plays off 7, practically ended his rounds before they began. Played fine after the 1st shot, but his scorecard was in the bin basically.

Chunked a 2 iron into the ditch/water at Royal North Devon. Triple bogey.
Sliced a drive practically into the reservoir OB at St Enodoc. Triple bogey.
Snap hooked a drive and lost ball in the long gorse at Burnham & Berrow. Triple bogey.

Hilarious though :ROFLMAO:

I play off 4, and was +8 through 8 in a 36 hole medal last week. Those final 28 holes were a slog!

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I paid £120 quid for a twilight round at Dundonald on its reopening on 1st May this year. The course was absolutely immaculate, not a divot in sight. It was absolutely perfect.

Could not hit the ball for toffee and I was gutted. Culminated in me embarrassingly throwing a club after duffing a simple chip into a deep pot bunker on what was already my 6th shot of the hole. I drove to the next tee and had a word with myself but the damage was done and really struggled to enjoy it.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have never paid what some people would call serious money for a round of golf.

There have been many rounds in my life when I have felt embarrassed by the quality of my golf compared to my handicap. mainly in club matches and away Opens.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
A few years ago I paid a packet to play one of the Dubai Emirates courses with my cousin who was living out there. I got a couple of birdies late on but rest of round was pretty rubbish. But it didn’t really matter as I paid for the experience, and enjoyed the surroundings and having a long chat with my cousin. My golf and score were secondary, other than when I had the birdie putts ??

Grizzly

Visit site
Depends on your definition of success and failure - if I were paying over a ton for a round, Id be there to enjoy the course and experience, and try really hard not to worry about how I played on any given hole. OK, it helps me that I know I'm pretty abject at the game, but for me if I hit a few decent shots, make some pars, even if only a couple, I'm happy.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
20 years ago a friend only lasted 2 holes at Son Vida in Majorca, he was hung over and sick , he'd been out drinking till the early hours.
Golf and buggy cost about £80, he also lost all his fiver match play bets.
A lot of money 20 years ago.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Pretty much a whole trip to turkey as the greens were heavily overseeded on every course. Also the two weeks before the turkey open course so all tee's were closed teeing off on fairways and 7000 yard course played just over 4500...

Strong words to golf travel company who never mentioned this despite masses of evidence they were fully aware of both issues.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
I think it was 120 or 140 quid. Back on black at the Grove. 1hr 45 drive. Raining cats and dogs so it was a given I wouldn’t play great but I digress, First few holes going well then shankety shank city. Managed to hit my own bag twice in the round. never played so poorly.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Had similar earlier in the year when we went to Woodhall Spa
Played the Hotchkin in truly awful weather, blowing a gale, steady rain interspersed with sessions of hosing it down..
Made it very hard to get a feel for how good a course it is - none of us played well.
Next day on the Bracken was a much better weather day and we enjoyed it so much more.