Hi all im new

TipTopGolfer

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi everyone :cool:

Im looking for a few good tips i wonder if any of you other fellow golfers can help me :)

1.How come i toe the ball??

2.Why does my drive somethimes drift off to the right??

3.Should i use a softball off the tee??

4.How come my ball trajectory goes so high?,ive watched alot of players and mine just seems to go alot higher and i know im losing alot of distance cause of this.

Hope you guys can help me :) thanks!

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
First of all welcome to the forum.

4) Where is the ball in your stance for each iron? Could be too far forward.

2) Are you right / left handed? Could be club face shut / closed through impact.

1) Ball too far away in stance.

These are all guesses for your problems their are several reasons why you could be doing each of these things.

TipTopGolfer

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am right handed also on most of my iron shots i think i just put the ball in the middle of my stance.

Could that be why the tradjectory is so high?

Btw thanks for your help mate :D

muttleee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As htl said, it's hard to give specific answers to your qureies as there could be several reasons why you have each of the faults you've described. The best way to sort things out is to go and see your local PGA professional. Spending a few pounds for a lesson could make the game a lot more enjoyable, lower your scores - and save you a fortune in lost balls. :)

TipTopGolfer

Assistant Pro
Visit site
lol i like looking for golf balls lol

Well ive never had a lesson ever before im self taught :p on my local course my best score is 81 and i got that about 1 month back :) so i am improving :D

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
81 is a good score mate, What was the net par? For your short irons you want the ball back in your stance and progressively further forward up to your driver being off your left heel.

Hope that helps, go onto youtube, there is loads of instruction vids that will help you with ball position.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
What is wrong with a high ball flight?

At a guess I would say you are breaking your wrists too early to cause the high flight.

Your drives go right, and you hit off the toe because you come over the top and cast.

You can use a soft ball, but it will cut more, so if side spin (or back spin causing a high ball flight) is an issue, use a lower spinning firmer ball.

Questions like this need video or pictures. Other wise it is pure guess work. 10 minutes with a pro would sort all this out properly.

TipTopGolfer

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Its ok for some people to get trained by a pro i cant,i cant afford it :(

Thanks for the advice though guys im gonna have a quick check on youtube now :D

My local golfcourse par is either 71 or 72 cant remember lol

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good site forefortheday, never used video jug before. Will help kill time between shots when the golf is on.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
1.How come i toe the ball??

Maybe standing too far away, or you have a natural push shot or a swing glitch

2.Why does my drive sometimes drift off to the right??

Because you toe it or have a push

3.Should i use a softball off the tee??

Different sport, softballs don't go far!

4.How come my ball trajectory goes so high?

Maybe you are staying back (on your back foot) on your shots or flipping through impact with your hands behind the ball.

Welcome :)

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Welcome to the forum, no need for me to answer your questions, enonough good answers abouve.

HTL, You've never used V.Jug? OMG, your going to knock 5 shots off your game in a month if you study them vids!

muttleee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If you can afford to play golf, you can afford a lesson or two...consider it as an investment. I don't know about your place but at my course, a lesson is about half the cost of a round of golf so no one can claim it's too expensive.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you can afford to play golf, you can afford a lesson or two...consider it as an investment. I don't know about your place but at my course, a lesson is about half the cost of a round of golf so no one can claim it's too expensive.

keep your eyes open at your course. our pro's often offer group packages at a reduced rate which are usually targetted at specific aspects of the game.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I dont get to play the courses much,thats why i practise alot :)

Yes but if you dont know what your doing you will be ingraining bad habits.

A lesson with a pro will give you positve things to work on.

WGC

Medal Winner
Visit site
2. A problem I have myself with driving like many other new golfers. your right hand isnt covering your left thumb. Bring it around more and that should help.

3. New golfers dont tend to be pros so dont go for an up market(6 euro+ for a pack of 3) soft ball. Medium to hard balls are usually best.

4.The ball is either teed up to high. Or the club head is in the wrong position.

To solve al of these problems properly get a lesson or a series of them with your pro and he should answer all of them.