Help For Heroes 2013

Fish

Banned
Visit site
If you double up on the on the holes that don't have a par 3 preceding it the group playing the hole will only be hitting their 2nd shot into the green when the 2nd group on the preceding hole in front tee off.... probably badly explained but I blame my two friends Stella Artois and Glen Grant.

Yes, that's how it works :cheers:

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
We do the doubling up thing at our course and its rarely ever slow. Faster than any rounds where everybody starts at first tee for some reason. No idea why though.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I understand the concept but agree with stu, dead slow.

The only way I can see it work without making it overly slow is double up on par 5's only

We tend to double up in front of par 5's or long pa 4's, there not arriving at the tee then before the 2nd group tee off.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Having played there today, I can confirm there are no easy holes.;) Had a solid four stableford points after 6 holes.:eek:

Hmm, practising on the selected course :whistle:

Any cheaper practice days for us mere mortals :mmm:

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Right, im considering flying down Sunday and back Monday for this with a wee car rental for a day (unless a kind hearted forumer fancies picking me up from a local hotel at Heathrow early doors on the Monday)

Rick any idea of approx finish time so I can look at a flight?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Right, im considering flying down Sunday and back Monday for this with a wee car rental for a day (unless a kind hearted forumer fancies picking me up from a local hotel at Heathrow early doors on the Monday)

Rick any idea of approx finish time so I can look at a flight?

I'll be coming past Heathrow as driving down the M40/M25 so can pick you up and drop you off Martin ;)

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
That would be ideal Robin.

I need to do a bit of thinking I reckon rather than dive in.
We will not know any times until we have a good idea of the numbers playing. We may not be able to do a shotgun start if we get the full 110, and may have to go to a two tee start, which will mean finishing later.

I only discussed holding the H4H day with the Club this afternoon, so full details of the day will be sorted out over the next few weeks.