Help For Heroes 2013

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
here it is folks........what you've all been waiting for........my secretary, (Richart :D) has been scouring the land for a suitable venue as unfortunately we can't use Blackmoor this year.

I'm thrilled to announce he has come up with a Bobby Dazzler and we've got a great deal for you at a GM Top 100 Heathland course......

Details:

Date: Monday October 7th

Venue: West Hill, Surrey (established 1909 - designed by Cuthbert Butchart)

Price:£75 (£30 to HFH) BMyCharity site will be set up in the next couple of weeks to take deposits

What's included: coffee & bacon roll, 18 holes, 2 course carvery

Time: TBD but will be approx 9:30 shotgun start

Available places: 110 (limited to Forum members and selected guests initially for approx 1 month then will open it up to Forum members guests if necessary)

Just to give you an idea of how good a deal this is, you would normally pay £93 for a society in October for an almost identical deal, (3 course carvery instead of 2)....... Richart has managed to secure it for less than half that, allowing us to put £30 each towards the charity and still keep the price to a very competitive £75.

Further details will be posted as and when but just wanted to get this up here so folks can start to plan.

I know this might fall on the same weekend as one of the Woburn days, but that might actually be an advantage......folks could turn it into a Fri-Mon epic weekend....there's bound to be other local courses to play Sat/Sun.

post your interest here and I'll start compiling the list.........

It's started............... :thup:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
The meet we've all been waiting for!

Great work as usual on the deal chaps! :clap: :clap:

Please put my name down, I can't wait already. :D

D

Deleted member 1418

Put me and Blundell down for this please Rick (I'll get him to confirm shortly). Change of venue not such a bad thing. Love Blackmoor but good to go to another Surrey heathland classic.

adiemel

Head Pro
Visit site
I am very interested in this. Would I need an official handicap, if so is there a limit on the handicap that can play. Also have to see if i can catch a lift from Huntingdon area with anybody

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Rick I really fancy this but return from the US on the Friday and unsure if i fancy a 7 hour drive 2 days later to Surrey however stick me down as a provisional please

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I suppose I had better enter :whistle:

Do I have to bring this with me :(

IMAG0351.jpg IMAG0366.jpg

The above is what your playing for people :)

The GoKart 'Challenger' Trophy

Vickers made just 24 of these golf balls, with the same camouflage patterns as their 'Challenger' tanks. During Desert Storm the balls were sent out to officers posted in the gulf. GoKart were given one of these very special balls by their good friend Brian Slater, who agreed that it would make a fitting trophy in support of Help for Heroes.

I was very nervous playing in my first ever GM meet and overwhelmed to go on and win it last year and have my name placed on this great trophy for an even greater charity.

I shall be defending it venomously ;)

D

Deleted member 1740

Stick me down please Rick, scouser is my chauffeur ;)

D

Deleted member 1740

I suppose I had better enter :whistle:

Do I have to bring this with me :(

View attachment 5403 View attachment 5404

The above is what your playing for people :)

The GoKart 'Challenger' Trophy

Vickers made just 24 of these golf balls, with the same camouflage patterns as their 'Challenger' tanks. During Desert Storm the balls were sent out to officers posted in the gulf. GoKart were given one of these very special balls by their good friend Brian Slater, who agreed that it would make a fitting trophy in support of Help for Heroes.

I was very nervous playing in my first ever GM meet and overwhelmed to go on and win it last year and have my name placed on this great trophy for an even greater charity.

I shall be defending it venomously ;)

With a proper handicap I hope :whistle: