Help - DQ advice again!!!

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
For the second time in a row I have a DQ controversy over my score.

Last time I DQ'd myself as I was processing the cards but today is different, I processed the cards and published the result but then discovered a problem.

I got a lot of micky taking for last time, so I doubled, tripled checked my card before I dropped it into the box after our stableford comp today. I thought all was well so I closed the comp and published the results. In the bar afterwards the capt said somewhat jokingly that "I hope that you got both markers signatures on the card" , and then I instantly knew I could have breached a ruling. I checked the cards and sure enough only 2 signatures , mine and the marker (2nd marker).

At the 9th hole one of our 4 ball retired injured , so with a 3 ball my scorecard was passed to another player to mark for the back nine.

I showed the capt the card and I told him that I need to DQ myself again. He disagreed as the competition was closed and far as he was concerned the result stands.

I didn't win today but my 4th place earned me valuable OOM points (or so I thought) and put me into an unassailable lead with just 1 comp remaining.

Sounds like I have no choice but to retrospectively DQ myself and re-publish the results. Please confirm my fate.

D

Deleted member 15344

Do you need both marker signatures ? Or just the one who finishes marking your card ?

D

Deleted member 15344

What if one of the markers collapses or faints ? How do you get his signature ?

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site

mchacker

Head Pro
Visit site
That's the kind of nonsense unneccesarily fussy rule that golf doesn't need, it's not like the 2nd marker didn't watch you or talk to you for 9 holes

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
That's the kind of nonsense unneccesarily fussy rule that golf doesn't need, it's not like the 2nd marker didn't watch you or talk to you for 9 holes

that may be the case here, but the rule in intended to cover all situations - the second marker may not have even been playing the first 9 holes.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Even if playing the first 9, why should the other player take any notice of a player's score if he not marking for him?