Heavier shaft needed to beat the hook?

Anthony Gallagher

Visit site
Have a Ping G425 Max at 9 degrees, neutral bias setting with Ping 65 g Stiff stock shaft.
A hook has crept in to my game. Guy said y'day my shaft was too whippy for me hence the hooks.

Pro said I don't need an extra stuff shaft as I am not good enough to hit it ( 10 HC)

What options do I have ?

I was thinking of getting an 80 gram stiff shaft for more weight

Jason.H

Visit site
If a pull hook creeps in ( normally a straight hitter) I start aiming up the left side of the fairway and that sorts it for me. I’m right handed golfer. Aiming further right to allow for a problem normally makes it worse.

Wildrover

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Take the head off the shaft and you will see three flat lie angle settings on the adapter. Put in in the flat 0 position. This won’t change the loft but will make it harder to hook. Can also try the weight in the fade position, this will stop the face closing as much, plus you may be hitting it out of the toe and this will move the cg behind the strike.

Anthony Gallagher

Visit site
Turns out I was standing over the ball
Now, I have more body tilt and hands and face forward and getting better and straighter ball flight
Thanks lads ?

Anthony Gallagher

Visit site
Also
I changed the loft to the big + on my driver, and I get the driver head in front of hands during the takeaway
Thus eliminating the hook. Did this yesterday and it worked well