Heaton Park Golf Club

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
The problem with this place is it's not an easy course to play for either a beginner or for someone who isn't fit.

There are a lot of blind tees and reasonable carries off tees and with it being a muni, generally the people who are playing it are more likely to find that difficult.

Also it's a very hilly course and 18 holes on there feels like 54 on most courses.

Reactions: Doh

mteam

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Biggest problem for me is parking

I used to play here every week but the last few years I've not been able to park and now with the alterations there are even fewer spaces which aren't just for the golf course. They have a small driving range that I've never seen used perhaps opening that into golf only parking could be a solution

Its a shame as I really love the course

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Biggest problem for me is parking

I used to play here every week but the last few years I've not been able to park and now with the alterations there are even fewer spaces which aren't just for the golf course. They have a small driving range that I've never seen used perhaps opening that into golf only parking could be a solution

Its a shame as I really love the course

If I remember rightly, there was an issue with the length of the driving range

SGC001

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Shame if it goes

I dont think it was a driving range, sign I saw said it was for use in kids holidays only.

Honours board was weird almost looked like the membership had been ran down to make way for green fees and I guess it hasn't worked.

Seemed a waste could've been a nice short game area year round.