Have or do you play with an injury

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just reading the other post re walking off with an injury, but aside from me left thumb thrashing. Me left Side lower back. And me left outer knee causing me untold pain at times. Am 100% OK. Now don't get me wrong, I remember John Madden of the NFL once saying, there's a differance between a player/ athlete knowing the differance between an injury and being hurt.
So do you play with an injury and what keeps you on the course knowing you could aggravate it.

Cheers me dears.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
I have a few niggles stemming from a motorcycle accident I had 20 years ago - dislocated and fractured hip with 3 months in traction. I used to get bad lower back pain, 2 rounds a week was as much as I could manage having to leave a few days in between for recovery. This year I’ve been doing an exercise regime for my lower back specifically and I’ve been much much better - only thing stopping me from playing as much as I’d like is the day job now. Part of the accident damaged a lot of the muscle and tendons in my right knee so that flares up from time to time, I just have to go easy on the walking to keep on top of it. With the success of the back exercises, I’m now incorporating a fair bit of leg exercises into a regular (twice a week tops) workout with the hope it helps as much.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tennis elbow in my left arm, golfers elbow in both arms, muscle problems in my lower back. All manageable, so far, and the alternative is rest and doing no sport. I don't fancy that.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Like J55 I'm carrying some niggles, mine from a car 'v' pedestrian accident. I got to ride on the bonnet through a dry stone wall. Hip, lower back, rotator cuff and neck. Pain killers before playing, during playing and most definitely afterwards. Getting out of the car, post-round, can be interesting. But at the end of the day I can still play golf, and sometimes quite well.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a very bad ligament injury in my left ankle last February.
Coming downstairs with arms full the electrician left his torch on the floor.
I stood on it and rolled my ankle.
It caused havoc with my swing ,I could not get on my left side so developed a stinger shot all arms no body weight shift.
It kept me playing but in hindsight I should not have.
It’s still affecting my swing now as I have ingrained the habit and it’s hard to stop.
I am working on it and enjoy practicing, but played well sat until 16th oob nearly put provo out 6 but shot 1 under net so .4 cut.
So quite pleased and disappointed at the same time ,that’s golf!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Struggles with the right knee occasionally, the odd twinge from the shattered and reconstructed ankle, currently have mild tennis elbow on both sides but I honestly can't remember not having some sort of pain from an injury somewhere....right shoulder is killing me tonight....

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My lower back is an on-going management issue, but I'd like to think I'd be sensible enough not to play with an injury that could be aggravated.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Too many to mention with the larest being a massive stroke at end January leaving me with a head full of blood for February,now doing some serious walking/Weights/yoga type stretching.All of which has enabled me to get back to the nets and playing a few holes(using the electric trolley instead of carrying the bag )Going to be a long time before any competitive golf considered(unless my consultant says its o.k.?)
Was playing with Sciatica-which was being managed with yoga and stretching excercises.
Certainly getting my moneys worth out of the N.H.S.(that's now 4 times they've kept me alive.......god bless them!!!!
Jimbo

D

Deleted member 18588

Have done since 1979 when my upper left arm was shattered in a car accident, still plated to this day. Not able to play at all for two years.

Cannot straighten the arm and the radial nerve only about 30% effective.

Hopefully (?) will be having knee replacement surgery later this year. Waiting for a decision on which knee as they are both in need.

Arthritis in hands and feet.

Other than the above I am fine!! Well apart from the major heart attack 18years ago.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Too many to mention with the larest being a massive stroke at end January leaving me with a head full of blood for February,now doing some serious walking/Weights/yoga type stretching.All of which has enabled me to get back to the nets and playing a few holes(using the electric trolley instead of carrying the bag )Going to be a long time before any competitive golf considered(unless my consultant says its o.k.?)
Was playing with Sciatica-which was being managed with yoga and stretching excercises.
Certainly getting my moneys worth out of the N.H.S.(that's now 4 times they've kept me alive.......god bless them!!!!
Jimbo
Glad the NHS is doing its job. Work hard at the rehab, but take it easy as well and the golf course will wait until you're ready

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Homer....thanks for the kind thoughts and advice about taking the time...only problem here is that I retired at Xmas and had serious plans to become a much better player this year.
I also have ideas above my abilities,but dreams are good! so willjust have to try and learn some patience,,,one funny comment came from my consultant prior to sending me for another M.R.I scan when she said that she had never came across someone with so much metal/plates/pins in their body/head.again thank god for the N.H.s.(I kow that you are in there)
Jimbo

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
Lower back has been knackered for the last two years.. managed to hold my handicap though :)
I expect to drop a few shots now it's better. :)