Wear a glove or not ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I always wear a glove, the whole round. Including putting - can't be bothered taking it on and off for that, I don't really see the difference so easier to leave it on.

D

Deleted member 23344

I always wear one because I rubbed up a blister on my hand the first time I forgot to take one to the course. Like others, I leave it on the whole round rather than have the faff of putting on and taking it off. I tried taking it off to putt, but I was just as crap, so I just leave it on 😕.

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
Because I don't need a glove to hold on to a putter and i feel i lose all of the connection with the putter itself. As i'm sure you are aware, feel is a massive part of successful putting. For me, same goes for chipping. Unless i am in longer grass and i need to ensure that the club doesn't get caught up i would always take my glove off.

Jates12

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Not even when you're eating in a restaurant?

You smoke?? I'd rather tattoo my face 

These :rofl:

I always wear a glove, just because i get blisters if i dont. As some people at my club tell me, i have office hands not workmens hands :confused:.

Remove it for putting and short chips just for feel more than anything

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Because I don't need a glove to hold on to a putter and i feel i lose all of the connection with the putter itself. As i'm sure you are aware, feel is a massive part of successful putting. For me, same goes for chipping. Unless i am in longer grass and i need to ensure that the club doesn't get caught up i would always take my glove off.
Ok. I don't really notice much difference in putting with or without glove so I'm always interested in those that do. I might try taking it off for putting over my next round and see if I notice anything over a longer time. If not I will continue to deem it unnecessary faffing. :lol: Worth trying anything to help my ​putting though.

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
If i try to putt with a glove on it feels like i'm wearing an oven mitt. Defo worth giving it a try.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If i try to putt with a glove on it feels like i'm wearing an oven mitt. Defo worth giving it a try.
Haha, that's fair enough. I will try putting without it this weekend and see what happens. (I've been getting between 36 and 39 putts per round lately so any improvement on that would be nice.)

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I wear a glove for every shot except on the putting green.

Glove comes off after every shot, goes back on before the next.

I get quite sweaty hands when I play so wearing a glove when I play a shot is a must.

I've played with people who do this, such a slow game. Takes them forever to get ready for their shot.
I could take all my iron covers off and replace them all in the time it takes for them to fiddle with their glove!

personally don't wear a glove. Almost 2 years now, never lost grip or noticed any differenc.

Last edited:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I always wear a glove including when putting. It allows for a very light and more relaxed grip on the putter which leads to a less tense putting style.

I tried a few months, many years ago, without a glove a but found when I sweated in really hot weather the club came out of my hand. Lack of a glove can lead to gripping the club too slightly, for me.