Have or do you play with an injury

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
there is so much wrong with me it would be easier to tell you what didn't hurt;)

tennis elbow in my right arm, Golfers my left, shoulder that i gives me pain due to the collar bone breaks during my cycling days.
bad knee from breaking it is 7 places playing Rugby, sore ankle, bad back sore hip, sore feet... yet i was right the first time:(

Was due to play today, but too much hurts!!

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
there is so much wrong with me it would be easier to tell you what didn't hurt;)

tennis elbow in my tight arm, Golfers my left, shoulder that i gives me pain due to the collar bone breaks during my cycling days.
bad knee from breaking it is 7 places playing Rugby, sore ankle, bad back sore hip, sore feet... yet i was right the first time:(

Was due to play today, but too much hurts!!
Your tight arm?
Is that the one when it’s your round?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It would take about 2 pages of A4 paper to detail all the injuries I have.

I just take Ibuprofen well before commencing a game and maybe another one halfway through the round and get on with it.

I am prepared to put up with a reasonable level of pain to carry on with my main enjoyment in life.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
nothing normally but at this moment i have a very nasty ingrowing toe nail on the big toe on the right ,very swollen and very inflamed ,currently on antibiotics to shift the inflamation then it will be see the doctor to sort out having the nail removed ,
i also have three of my discs pressing into my spinal chord that according to the doctor shoul have me paralised from the neck down as they are over halfway into the chord. [playing rugby] apart from that ,im old and worn out .if i was a racehorse they would be calling the vet to administer the lead poultice.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Homer....thanks for the kind thoughts and advice about taking the time...only problem here is that I retired at Xmas and had serious plans to become a much better player this year.
I also have ideas above my abilities,but dreams are good! so willjust have to try and learn some patience,,,one funny comment came from my consultant prior to sending me for another M.R.I scan when she said that she had never came across someone with so much metal/plates/pins in their body/head.again thank god for the N.H.s.(I kow that you are in there)
Jimbo
If you've retired then use this year to consolidate, for heavens sake don't do anything else daft or get anything else wrong and then use this season to have fun. You can use the winter to match ability to dreams and kick on next year

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can't remember the last time I played without being aware of something not being 'right'. I like to believe it's the biggest reason my handicap is where it is!

On the other hand, and in the context of the other thread, I wouldn't hesitate to stop (or not start) if I believed there was a risk that I could create another long term issue, or permenantly worsen an existing one.

Visit site
I'm the fittest golfer on this site 😉

Bloody hell, I thought I had problems when I had to cut my nails to get my glove to fit.

Thanks guys, you have made me fill that I am walking phenomenon. And as for playing in Spain, I wont mention about the sun and sweat getting in to one's eyes.

Well not until tomorrow.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Bloody hell, I thought I had problems when I had to cut my nails to get my glove to fit.

Thanks guys, you have made me fill that I am walking phenomenon. And as for playing in Spain, I wont mention about the sun and sweat getting in to one's eyes.

Well not until tomorrow.

I feel your pain mi Amigo. Another shorts day in paradise:)

Wolf

Visit site
Left shoulder Rotator cuff fully rebuilt and bicep tendon reattached, doesn't cause me to much gip unless it's a really cold morning then have to have an extra long warm up and stretch.

Left knee has bugger all cartlidge but as abive with shoulder.

Biggest issue is the recently diagnosed several case of Sesamoiditis in my right foot that can literally stop me being able to walk. Played twice this week courtesy of steroid injections, lots ibuprofen gel and painkillers. I've been told it's inevitable that the bone needs removing from my foot at some point this year , that will put paid to golf for a fair while 😒. Christ not even hit 40 yet, god knows how much worse I'm gonna get.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Had a pain in my left elbow in warm up and again from the 13th on. On the outside and not on every shot but if you hold the elbow with the right hand and make a small swing and follow through you can feel something "click". Played on but have had ice in it and some anti-inflammatories but assuming its golfer/tennis elbow again. Will get a physio to have a look tomorrow. Hope playing the last six holes hasn't done too much more damage

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Luckily I have no niggles, pains or aches - broken a few bones and tore tendons in the past but I can honestly say it doesn't interfere with anything. ) I get tight especially in my hips and abductors, so I'm keen on mobility warm ups, foam rolling and stretches.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Too many to mention with the larest being a massive stroke at end January leaving me with a head full of blood for February,now doing some serious walking/Weights/yoga type stretching.All of which has enabled me to get back to the nets and playing a few holes(using the electric trolley instead of carrying the bag )Going to be a long time before any competitive golf considered(unless my consultant says its o.k.?)
Was playing with Sciatica-which was being managed with yoga and stretching excercises.
Certainly getting my moneys worth out of the N.H.S.(that's now 4 times they've kept me alive.......god bless them!!!!
Jimbo
Best of luck mate and well done on your improvement, keep plodding along (y)Me, I think i'm turning into Quasimodo with my bad back and tinnitus.:mad::eek::ROFLMAO:

Last edited: