Has the rule on DQ for not putting your scores on a PSI or IG changed?

Steven Rules

Visit site
The definition of scorecard says the scorecard may be in any paper or electronic form approved by the Committee.

Rule 3.3b(2) says the player must certify the hole scores on the scorecard and promptly return it to the Committee.

Ultimately, the answer to your question is that it depends on what the Committee has stipulated as the format of the scorecard and the method of return.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The definition of scorecard says the scorecard may be in any paper or electronic form approved by the Committee.

Rule 3.3b(2) says the player must certify the hole scores on the scorecard and promptly return it to the Committee.

Ultimately, the answer to your question is that it depends on what the Committee has stipulated as the format of the scorecard and the method of return.
They supply a card ready printed ,I put the gross scores in signed and put it in the comp scorecard box.
my understanding was you can only be DQ under a rule of golf .
does this break any rules of golf.
thank you.

Steven Rules

Visit site
I quoted the relevant Rules of Golf but, in light of the supplementary info you provided in post #3, there is also a clarification (below) that may be relevant to the situation (in your favour). Again, though, I'd recommend that you seek additional and specific clarifying information from your Committee about the grounds upon which you were DQ'd.

3.3b(2)/1
Players Are Required to Enter Only Scores on a Scorecard
There is a difference between requiring players to enter a score for a round into a computer (such as for handicapping purposes) and being required to enter hole scores using an electronic form of scorecard approved by the Committee (such as a mobile scoring application).
The Committee may require players to use a scorecard other than a paper scorecard (such as an electronic form of scorecard), but the Committee has no authority to impose a penalty under Rule 3.3b(2) for failing to enter scores elsewhere.
However, to help in administrative matters (such as the efficient production and communication of competition results), a Committee may apply a penalty under a Code of Conduct (Rule 1.2b) or provide disciplinary sanctions (such as revoking entry into the next competition) for failing to enter scores elsewhere.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The club are wrong in doing this. You need to bring to their attention

R&A Rules
Committee Procedures Rule 5 (5) b

Similarly, the Committee may request that players assist the Committee by entering their scores into a computer system at the end of the round, but there is no penalty under the Rules of Golf if the player fails to comply with this request or makes a mistake in doing so. But the Committee may provide a disciplinary sanction, for example in a Code of Conduct, for a player who fails repeatedly to comply with such a request.