Has Skytrak Improved Your Game?

adasko

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just wondering what people thought on Skytrak in terms of their game improvement. Thinking of buying one to use with my net in the garage, is it really help to improve people game or is it just more of a fun toy.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I used someone else’s, he also gave me some guidance. The sky track helped me understand the face angle at impact and adjust. Another gizmo was used to view swing plane.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Used one and fairly accurate but not sure I'd consider it worth the cost personally especially when local ranges are offering Toptracer for free. Again you can argue over the accuracy of that system but for ball park figures when practicing it suffices

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Used one and fairly accurate but not sure I'd consider it worth the cost personally especially when local ranges are offering Toptracer for free. Again you can argue over the accuracy of that system but for ball park figures when practicing it suffices
Downside with the range system is the range balls, I don’t know what the fall off in performance is against my preferred golf ball.

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
I've had mine for about 6 weeks now. My ball striking with irons has masively improved and I've gained about 10 yards per club. It's not very forgiving with misshits, fats or thins, so concentrates the mind on ball first strikes. This has been noticed by regular playing partners out on the course. Drivers, woods and rescues are still work in progress.

Note, with skytrak you only get the basic driving range software. I upgraded to the practice and improve package which gives bag mapping, wedge matrix and plenty more useful features. I also splashed out on true golf e6 game software, this gives me 15 courses to play.

So yes it has improved my game, and is great for winter practice.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
I've had mine for about 6 weeks now. My ball striking with irons has masively improved and I've gained about 10 yards per club. It's not very forgiving with misshits, fats or thins, so concentrates the mind on ball first strikes. This has been noticed by regular playing partners out on the course. Drivers, woods and rescues are still work in progress.

Note, with skytrak you only get the basic driving range software. I upgraded to the practice and improve package which gives bag mapping, wedge matrix and plenty more useful features. I also splashed out on true golf e6 game software, this gives me 15 courses to play.

So yes it has improved my game, and is great for winter practice.

I'm looking at building a sim based around one. I saw them offering 250 off at the moment. Although I'll get my house move out the way first

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
I'm looking at building a sim based around one. I saw them offering 250 off at the moment. Although I'll get my house move out the way first

It was the 250 off that tempted me although I'd been thinking about getting one for a while. I have mine set up at work in the factory, great for hitting a few balls I between work.

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think that the high speed cameras have helped far more than the launch monitor i've used, all good to know how far / how you've hit it but you need to see (or know) what you did to make the improvements

albie999

Visit site
I am a yes and no on this one, I am getting back into golf after injury, out for 6 months, so this is a good training aid. The reason I say no, at the moment, is that I have not been back on the course, so don't know if my on course golf has improved. However, like harpo above, had a mate over at the weekend, who wanted to understand what his golf swing was doing, after 3 hrs of SkyTrak time, he had increased his 3 wood by 30 yds, due to ball position, club face being open etc .... so yeah, you def can improve

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
It was the 250 off that tempted me although I'd been thinking about getting one for a while. I have mine set up at work in the factory, great for hitting a few balls I between work.
To be honest it’s rare they don’t have £250 off

D

Deleted member 21258

With skytrak you miss all the club data, that is really useful.

Had a flightscope inside, which was missing path and face angles, and found that awkward when trying to change my swing with regards to path, in fact I fail for all the trying, as didn't have the readings whilst practising. Flightscope did have AOA and some other stuff, so more than skytrak.

For the money and comparing to other products it is pretty good tho, as not many peopl are going to buy a GCQ, GC2 with HMT, full trackman, full reading flightscope, to get full club data, as they are expensive.

The practise however I found improves strike a lot.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
It’s hard to quantify improvement. People will improve as they’re hitting more balls. It’s great for feedback and you can use your balls. The problem with all of these is atmospherics. You will find your ball doesn’t fly as long on the reading indoors as opposed to out. I found this true on a track man too. There are settings you can adjust and it’s not far off to be fair but you will find yourself a bit longer on average on the course.

Personally I’d get bored quickly if
I was just hitting balls into a net without it as I’m not getting any sort of feedback.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I use Skytrak quite a lot as a friend has one.

I find it to be pretty accurate and definitely worth the money compared to the more expensive units.

As previously mentioned it does struggle with poor shots and can miss a few. But it did manage to pick up one of my shanks which was nice.

He has the TGC package which is just amazing. Loads and loads of courses all really realistic and great fun to play

There are some dodgy results on it where it says the path and face are neutral but the ball flies off left or right but it doesn't happen often and once again for the money it is absolutely fantastic.

I definitely think it is helping my game as recently my scores have been much much better. If anything it is giving me confidence over the winter and also lets me work on different things. If I try to change my path it does reflect on the result that SkyTrak shows.

Pitching and chipping are also very realistic on it and it is helping me a lot with strike and commitment. One thing I would say it struggles with is if you try and cut across the ball on short pitch to add loft, it reads it as if you are pulling it massively left even if the ball hits the middle of the screen.

adasko

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, I've been already practicing for the last 6 months striking ball in to the net in the garage. I was wondering is skytrak can help me with dialling my numbers with the wedges from 100 yards inn. If I decide to get one I will get it with improvement plan subscription.

adasko

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Interesting question. I can see the benefits of hitting balls regularly and getting feedback on direction etc and perhaps one for someone like Bob but how would someone using this in a garage set up get the most from it.
I'm still having my regular lessons so I'm assuming I will be able to take my numbers from the skytrak to my Pro