Hands Forward At Impact

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear you find it difficult to swing your hands behind your head then back through in the opposite direction.

thanks for your sympathy! I hacked around for quite some time until someone told me that you actually hit down on the ball, rather than trying to scoop it off the deck. who knew eh? :eek:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
thanks for your sympathy! I hacked around for quite some time until someone told me that you actually hit down on the ball, rather than trying to scoop it off the deck. who knew eh? :eek:

Indeed.

I think you're falling for his 'winding up' Gary. He doesn't know anything about the golf swing. Not a stitch.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Indeed.

I think you're falling for his 'winding up' Gary. He doesn't know anything about the golf swing. Not a stitch.

No wind up involved, just keeping it as simple as possible. Clearly something you don't agree with.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
View attachment 7607

I like the simple imagery of a nail tacked into a ball and the club with no loft. You then imagine driving the nail through the ball with the zero lofted clubface. The nail is at different angles for the type of club, say 20 deg for short to mid irons, 10 deg for longer irons, hybrids and fairways, horizontal off the tee for 3 wood and 10 deg up for driver. You then have to drive the imaginary nail through the ball, OK there is no nail and the club will have loft but the simple imagery will improve many golfers ball striking.