Why can’t you grip a club this way ?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I had a go at this swinging in the garage hitting practice balls.

First I just held the grip split with one hand at the bottom of the grip and one of butt end. Actually went quite well. Better than I thought.

Next I moved the bottom hand onto the metal. This felt really weird at the top of the swing. The hands are so far apart, all I can describe it as is, the balance of the club is thrown off. At the top of the swing the club feels weightless and I lose off sense of the face. Really didn't like that.

I don't really see any benefit to it. The club just feels so much better balanced in a conventional hands joined grip.

Brownie22297

Visit site
I had a go at this swinging in the garage hitting practice balls.

First I just held the grip split with one hand at the bottom of the grip and one of butt end. Actually went quite well. Better than I thought.

Next I moved the bottom hand onto the metal. This felt really weird at the top of the swing. The hands are so far apart, all I can describe it as is, the balance of the club is thrown off. At the top of the swing the club feels weightless and I lose off sense of the face. Really didn't like that.

I don't really see any benefit to it. The club just feels so much better balanced in a conventional hands joined grip.
I get it.Its just our system needs to be shocked in trying something new.Im sure this will lead no where as usual.But im keeping a glimmer of hope alive . 🤣

Brownie22297

Visit site
If you want to be good at something, copy people who are good at the thing
I agree bob.Some of us get really desperate when modern teaching doesn’t do it :(. Maybe as a drill this is ok ?

Mods can lock this up. I won’t pursue this as a full swing fix. But maybe as a drill