Handicap qualifing query

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
It is a rule of our section that any major competition that results in a tie, they has to be an 18 hole play off to decide the winner, played off handicaps at the time of the original competition.

Today was such a play off and the scores were 74-5-69 and 81-12-69, the girl playing off 12 has a current handicap of 13.

So my question is do the play off cards count for handicap? and if so how are they processed. The previous handicap secretary says that they do not qualify but I think that they should.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would suggest that they cannot be counted for handicap purposes. If they had wanted them to count, they could have declared Supplementaries, well one of them could.

DCB

Visit site
We do the same for our three big events. A playoff over 18 holes and cards are used for handicap purposes as it is in effect still part of a stroke play competition. Not sure how they are processed though.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
We do the same for our three big events. A playoff over 18 holes and cards are used for handicap purposes as it is in effect still part of a stroke play competition. Not sure how they are processed though.

From the CONGU manual:

Dec.1(h) Status of a play-off

A play-off over 18 holes is deemed to be a means of settling a tie in a stroke play event and is not classed as a Qualifying Competition for handicap purposes.