Handicap/ improver tips

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Course management. Might seem boring but when you put a ball into a difficult position, don’t try the miracle shot that will put you into a worse position if it goes wrong. Try to get the ball into the best place where you might be able to get up and down from.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Agree
100% get a lesson stick to the basics of what you learn there and avoid YT.
I spent many a year buying new clubs all the gear and spending hours watching YT without progress. It got to the point, honestly, where I was watching YT videos on course during solo rounds and trying to implement swing changes real time. It didnt work.
Had a few lessons and now my handicap is at its lowest.

You Tube is great! As long as you dont use it for swing mechanics
Agree about YT videos - certainly in the early days but for me full stop. Just too easy to pick up way too many bits and pieces on swing mechanics when all we want to do is hit a ball with a bit of metal to make it do what we'd like it to do.

When we want to hammer in a nail we don't go onto YouTube to discover the way to swing a hammer. Without needing much instruction we just grab hold of a hammer, stand there, swing the hammer, and bash the head of the nail...and in time with a bit of practice we can get pretty efficient at it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 23270

When we want to hammer in a nail we don't go onto YouTube to discover the way to swing a hammer. Without needing much instruction we just grab hold of a hammer, stand there, swing the hammer, and bash the end of our fingers...and in time with a bit of practice we can get pretty efficient at it.
Fixed that for you (y):ROFLMAO: