Handicap change midround

D

Deleted Member 1156

The competition result will reflect the handicap you declared on your card prior to playing the second comp.
Your resultant handicap will be based on the handicap calculated when the first comp is closed.

I've read that several times over but no idea what you mean :confused:

Or to put it another way, the software will correct my handicap and it will post the correct result for both competitions?

I understand cutting myself if playing away as the result can take a few days to make it's way through the system and get back to my home club which could affect the result if the competition is closed before the adjustment comes through.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 15344

For me it's simple Gordon

If you play a comp i.e. A Medal etc on the Saturday and you have arranged a KO on the Sunday , if you do well in the medal then I will tell people to cut themselves against the course SSS

If you are playing two comps in a weekend either at home or away etc - again if you do well on the Saturday then again cut yourself against the SSS and use that HC on your card on the Sunday. When the systems process the competitions any HC cut that happened on the Saturday when the comp is finalised will be applied to your HC prior to the comp being finalised on the Sunday

When it comes to medals or strokeplay comps then the Systems will sort it all out for you.

The only area where people have issues is when playing a KO after a medal or indeed any strokeplay - as long as you always cut yourself against the SSS then you will never have any come back.

The obvious exceptions are of course the 36 hole comps etc where you play of the same HC throughout the comp and then the system once again sorts out any HC cuts if required when both are closed

Even when playing in Away comp if it's the very next day then play of any HC cut against SSS but also let your HC sec know so they can put it on manually straight away so that any home comp is closed with your correct HC ( thankfully IG allows you to change your HC on the score entry which helps )

D

Deleted Member 1156

For me it's simple Gordon

If you play a comp i.e. A Medal etc on the Saturday and you have arranged a KO on the Sunday , if you do well in the medal then I will tell people to cut themselves against the course SSS

If you are playing two comps in a weekend either at home or away etc - again if you do well on the Saturday then again cut yourself against the SSS and use that HC on your card on the Sunday. When the systems process the competitions any HC cut that happened on the Saturday when the comp is finalised will be applied to your HC prior to the comp being finalised on the Sunday

When it comes to medals or strokeplay comps then the Systems will sort it all out for you.

The only area where people have issues is when playing a KO after a medal or indeed any strokeplay - as long as you always cut yourself against the SSS then you will never have any come back.

The obvious exceptions are of course the 36 hole comps etc where you play of the same HC throughout the comp and then the system once again sorts out any HC cuts if required when both are closed

Even when playing in Away comp if it's the very next day then play of any HC cut against SSS but also let your HC sec know so they can put it on manually straight away so that any home comp is closed with your correct HC ( thankfully IG allows you to change your HC on the score entry which helps )

Yep got that Phil, I was just referring to medal rounds at home club. Understand the need to cut oneself if playing matchplay before the competition has been closed :thup:

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yep got that Phil, I was just referring to medal rounds at home club. Understand the need to cut oneself if playing matchplay before the competition has been closed :thup:

Playing stroke play events is exactly the same.

The rules are there to cover delays that can be significant. That a particular one is only hours, or even minutes, after starting another event isn't important.

You keep referencing the software 'correcting the results' - the correct result is based on the handicap rules outlined above not the technically, with hindsight, system derived one that would have applied if the previous competition had been closed and handicap revisions published. In exactly the same way as anyone sitting on x.4 who failed to buffer in the previous comp is stuck on a handicap one below because of the delay...

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've read that several times over but no idea what you mean :confused:

Or to put it another way, the software will correct my handicap and it will post the correct result for both competitions?

I understand cutting myself if playing away as the result can take a few days to make it's way through the system and get back to my home club which could affect the result if the competition is closed before the adjustment comes through.

Basically the result is about who wins.

If you self reduced and played off 11 in the second comp because the first had not been closed or you had no access to the CSS, you might miss out on the winning net score by 1 stroke.

When the first comp is closed, the system will calculate your 'true' handicap to be 12. But that might be after you have played the second comp.

However, when the system processes the scores for the second comp, it will use your 'true' handicap of 12. However, that will not promote you in the results of the second comp. The result is based on your declared card handicap.

Assume the two comps were played at different courses (away then home) and the information from the first didn't arrive at your home club until some days later. You will have declared a handicap of 11 but had the information been available you would have played off 12. But you played off 11 and lost the comp by 1 stroke. That was the result.

When your score from the first comp arrives the system backs through your record and adjusts your entry handicap for the 2nd event to 12 for handicap purposes only. It makes no difference to the result.

D

Deleted Member 1156

TBH, I'm not really interested in competition results, just getting my handicap as low as possible. I would rather finish mid table and get a cut than win and go up 0.1 (don't actually know if that is possible??)