Had a lesson today

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It was really good to get some feedback and discussion on my swing and the lesson I had.

I thought the comments about the way the golf swing and how it is being taught seems to be evolving would have generated a bit more discussion.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
It was really good to get some feedback and discussion on my swing and the lesson I had.

I thought the comments about the way the golf swing and how it is being taught seems to be evolving would have generated a bit more discussion.

Bring back stacking the shelves. Or was it something tilt?

🤔🤔🤔

Wolf

Visit site

I think when you post videos people automatically gravitate to commenting on those rather than the discussion topic your look at developing into further interest. Thats not to say anything you posted was wrong but often people react more to the visual than the written word when both are presented together.

With regards to the evolution of the swing mechanics, I'm not sure if we are at a stage now where there is no real evolution left in the game with regards to swing mechanics. Perhaps what we have now is people that have evolved from being Professional instructors with an eye for details that can get the best out of persons individual technique and nuances enabling better golf to being golf method teachers that only teach a specific method that they can teach better than they can to adapt what people already have.

Examples would be things like S&T, Rotary Swing, The A Swing, Right Sided swing, One Plane etc.. Where they buy into a one technique fits all and breakdown pupils swings then try to rebuild them in these specific shapes and patterns. Yet despite all this we're starting to see swings on tour that are a little more individual with quirks that for for the person using them but would be one size fits all but they tend to work with coaches that can adapt to this rather than teach a specific methodology. But everyone needs to find their own way and what works for some as a method could screw others up golf really is a game that drives us all mental.

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
With regards to the evolution of the swing mechanics, I'm not sure if we are at a stage now where there is no real evolution left in the game with regards to swing mechanics. Perhaps what we have now is people that have evolved from being Professional instructors with an eye for details that can get the best out of persons individual technique and nuances enabling better golf to being golf method teachers that only teach a specific method that they can teach better than they can to adapt what people already have.

Have to agree, the sign of a good coach would be one who can get a golfer to play his best without major surgery. To be fair when I first went to Ross I was willing to start from scratch and see how I got on

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had another lesson yesterday.
Still a bit of a struggle holding the hinge in the wrist for long enough on the way down.
On impact sometimes my hands were level with the clubhead instead of being behind, body rotation was better. Hit a couple away left after the clubhead got ahead of the hands and the body rotated really well:rolleyes:
Need to try drills without an outcome, then move back on to hitting balls.

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I also use a shorter backswing as some others have mentioned. Started doing that probably a year or so ago and found strike a bit more consistent, didn't seem to lose any distance either so stuck with it.