Habitual club swapper - am I alone?

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not going to change anytime soon, unless the Euromillions** happens to be nice to me tonight.

My putter is a little over a year old and won't be changed again ever. It's only my 3rd putter since I start playing 7 or 8 years ago.

My wedges are a little older and I would like to change them, but a groove sharpener is cheaper.

The rest of the bag is around 3yrs old ish I am tempted with the new Mizuno GT fairway, but again I'll wait to see if the Euromillions** is going to be kind

**Read I'll be keeping what I currently have for the foreseeable future.

Oh dear Dave
The rules police will be along soon and tell you off
Then tell you exactly why you shouldn’t use one.....

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If I had a lot of disposable cash I would probably change more, but I don't. I'm on my third set of irons (the previous set I only had for about 16 months though) - got the new ones in Jan this year. I used about 5 different drivers in 2017 but that was in trying to find one that works - I found my current R11-s at the end of June and stuck with it. My putter is the only proper putter I've ever bought (was using one given to me for free before that) and I've had it for 14 months now. The others, like hybrid, wedges etc I've just added as I went along and weren't replacements for anything.

So I haven't changed that much really - and I don't plan to replace anything any time soon. However I still constantly look at Ebay and Golfbidder for other clubs I could theoretically buy.. window shopping I suppose.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
So I used to play a lot of tennis - every year without fail a new racket in hand. At £100 a go and selling my old one for just a little less I never worried about paying £30 every year for a new racket

Then golf came along again after a long break ....

2017 .... Taylormade M2 irons - bloody ridiculous bats

2017 .... Callaway CF16 irons - lovely

2017 .... Callaway Steelhead XR Pro post custom fit at Callaway Chessington

2018 .... had a hit of the Rogue Pro yesterday which were nice and a pleasant change from the black headed Pro

Am I alone?????

No - but I don't. Only had three sets of clubs in my 40yrs of having my own set of clubs (as opposed to my dad's rag tag bunch of this and that)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not sure those ex cricketers would be getting a modern bat for 200 and for it to last 3 seasons! The much less pressed and thicker edged bats dont last anywhere near as long

I used to go to the GN factory each year and add one or maybe 2 spares that were gradually knocked in and used in practise and the odd match but always had a go to favourite!

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Old stock rocks, golf clubs are like cars you only need a new version when the other becomes unreliable. Shiny and new sells and does nothing better than previous adaption.

Not sure those ex cricketers would be getting a modern bat for 200 and for it to last 3 seasons! The much less pressed and thicker edged bats dont last anywhere near as long

I used to go to the GN factory each year and add one or maybe 2 spares that were gradually knocked in and used in practise and the odd match but always had a go to favourite!

I always knock my bats in myself, they last for quite a while.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I love new gear but recently promised that this year the only thing I'd buy would be a laser rangefinder and a new hybrid for my son.