H4H Bearwood Lakes important details for the day

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Midsize should be OK but might be an issue if they're bigger grips, saw a bloke having an issue with this the other day, the rake left 6 inches of grip poking out ?

Surprised he could reach the sand using his putter with a fatty grip ????

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm planning to get there around 8am but I'll need a bit of time on the driving range as I haven't picked up my clubs since the Old Farts matches last year.
So any tee time after about 3pm would do me Rich.
:cry::cry::cry:

PS I'm going to need a buggy as my left trotter is giving me awful gyp. Advisable to phone the clubhouse in advance and book???

I phoned and booked, very helpful

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi - I'm staying locally and its not too far to travel home so Tee time is not an issue for me

Question regarding the personal rakes that can be hired

Personal rakes are essential. These can be purchased or rented through the Pro Shop. Bunkers MUST be raked after leaving the hazard.

are they the type that fit over a grip of a club, if so will they fit a Midsized grip?

they seem to fit ok and have not heard anyone else have any issues

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Thanks to all those that have paid in full now. Just a few left to pay, so would be grateful if you could get payments to me by the end of the month at the latest. Any problems send me a pm.

Cheers
Rich

Radbourne2010

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mmksolutions.co.uk

Part 3,
Richard asked me to post this as it was in PDF format

Bearwood Lakes

Guest Guide – with Covid-19 amendments

Arrival at the Club and Dress Code

On the course: When playing, you may use the Driving Range and Practice Ground no more than 30 minutes before your tee-time (you may utilise the Clubhouse before this time).

The changing rooms are only open for toilet facilities. Please change your shoes in the car park. Lockers and showers should not be used at this time.

When using the course or practice facilities, golfers should wear attire specifically manufactured for the game of golf. Under no circumstances are jeans, jogging bottoms, football / rugby shirts or training / cricket shoes allowed. All midriff should be covered. Smart / tailored shorts may be worn with WHITE sports socks which must be visible by 1 inch above the top of the shoe. Men's shirts must be tucked in at all times. If choosing to wear a cap, this should be worn the correct way round. Metal spikes are NOT permitted.

Off the course: To meet Government regulations we are required to take names and contact details for everyone who uses the Lounge, Sports Bar, Balcony and Restaurant – this is for Track and Trace purposes.

Smart casual dress may be worn throughout the Clubhouse at all times unless specified otherwise by your host. Smart jeans / trainers may be worn at Bearwood Lakes, however scruffy / ripped jeans are not permitted. Soft spiked and spiked golf shoes are not allowed in the Lounge or Restaurant although you may access the Balcony and Sports Bar wearing them. Metal spikes are NOT permitted. Caps should not be worn in the Clubhouse.

Etiquette
Please take care of our golf course as you would your own; so please repair pitchmarks on the greens and replace divots on the fairways and in the rough. Please keep trolleys and buggies out of the rough and away from the greens. From the end of October until the end of March we operate a Winter Wheel policy, therefore trolleys must be fitted with recognised winter wheels in order to be used on the Golf Course.

Personal rakes are essential. These can be purchased or rented through the Pro Shop. Bunkers MUST be raked after leaving the hazard.

Slow Play
A 4-ball should take no longer than 4:10 hours allowing for a 10 minute stop at our Halfway House. So please keep up with the group in front, watch your time and allow faster playing groups to play through.

Yardages
Yardages are marked on the sprinkler heads showing distances in yards, to the front and the middle of the greens.

Mobile Phones
Please refrain using mobile phones on the course unless in an emergency. Use in the Clubhouse should be restricted to text and internet browsing. Voice calls should not be taken inside the Clubhouse.

Directions

From the M3
Exit Junction 3 and take the A322 to Bracknell. Follow signs through Bracknell towards the M4 and Reading. Join the A329(M) towards Reading and exit at the Winnersh Triangle (also sign posted Park & Ride, Multiplex Cinema and Woodley). Then follow directions as *From The M4, as shown below.

From The M4
Exit at Junction 10 and take the A329(M) towards Reading. Take first exit at Winnersh Triangle (also sign posted Park & Ride, Multiplex Cinema and Woodley). *Follow signs towards Wokingham on A329. Turn right at the main crossroads and traffic lights by Sainsbury’s. Turn left at mini roundabout into Bearwood Road. Pass Walter Arms Pub and Church on left. Bearwood Lakes is 300 yards on right.

We hope you enjoy your visit to Bearwood Lakes Golf Club and thank you for respecting our rules.​
Presumably there will be a Local Rule in place for Bunkers on the day. Placement within 6 inches not nearer the hole is in play at my home course. I don't know anyone who carries a mobile rake.

Radbourne2010

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mmksolutions.co.uk
Part 1.
Parts 2 & 3 below, please read all carefully

Bearwood Lakes Golf Club contacted me to confirm details of our day with changes they have implemented due to the current Covid19 situation.

“In line with current guidelines, you are unable to have a shotgun start and this will have to change to a two tee start off the 1st and 10th. First tee times from 09.00 and every 10minutes thereafter.”

Good news, we will still be able to play in four balls and still able to have 100 golfers.

“Yours guests will arrive and you will have exclusive use of our club house. We will set our your registration table in our main club house next to the entrance to the restaurant.

Regarding food and beverage service - our restaurant is set in tables on four, socially distanced and each four ball must sit at the table for breakfast and their tea, coffee and bacon roll will be served to them/or alternatively we will have a member of staff serve from a station.

As a two tee start, you will have a halfway house at both the 10th tee and 18th green. This will be on a cash or card basis.

Regarding the two-course carvery, (main meal/dessert), this will plated and served on a rolling basis once each four ball comes in and sits down.”

Please advise me of any special dietary requirements by pm.

“You are not allowed to encourage a mass gathering at the end of the day, guests should eat and then leave. You should not have any kind of prize giving or auction post golf.”
Great work Richard! I'm staying up in Reading on Sunday so a late start will be fine for me. Happy to go with the flow (y)

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Presumably there will be a Local Rule in place for Bunkers on the day. Placement within 6 inches not nearer the hole is in play at my home course. I don't know anyone who carries a mobile rake.

Not sure about local rules on the day, but it is clear that Bearwood will be insisting on everyone having one, they are available for hire or purchase from the pro shop.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I would imagine that 1 rake per group would be fine with a nominated 'raker' ?

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And changing rooms, along with the two tolilets in bars are open - but changing rooms only for toilet/ wash - have to be a rebel and change in car park!!