H4H Bearwood Lakes important details for the day

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Part 1.
Parts 2 & 3 below, please read all carefully

Bearwood Lakes Golf Club contacted me to confirm details of our day with changes they have implemented due to the current Covid19 situation.

“In line with current guidelines, you are unable to have a shotgun start and this will have to change to a two tee start off the 1st and 10th. First tee times from 09.00 and every 10minutes thereafter.”

Good news, we will still be able to play in four balls and still able to have 100 golfers.

“Yours guests will arrive and you will have exclusive use of our club house. We will set our your registration table in our main club house next to the entrance to the restaurant.

Regarding food and beverage service - our restaurant is set in tables on four, socially distanced and each four ball must sit at the table for breakfast and their tea, coffee and bacon roll will be served to them/or alternatively we will have a member of staff serve from a station.

As a two tee start, you will have a halfway house at both the 10th tee and 18th green. This will be on a cash or card basis.

Regarding the two-course carvery, (main meal/dessert), this will plated and served on a rolling basis once each four ball comes in and sits down.”

Please advise me of any special dietary requirements by pm.

“You are not allowed to encourage a mass gathering at the end of the day, guests should eat and then leave. You should not have any kind of prize giving or auction post golf.”

Last edited:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Part 2

Hopefully we will still have a fantastic days golf and raise plenty of money for the Help For Heroes Charity.

I propose that all golfers make a payment of £10 on the day at registration and we use this money to provide cash prizes which I can forward to the winning forumers and guests. I will arrange for the Vickers/GoKart Trophy to be sent to the winning forumer as well as the RickG memorial trophy.

Score cards will be collected at registration and you will need to complete with your real and forum name as well as your handicap.

We will be playing Stableford Full handicap.

You will mark your own card in the players box and also mark one of your playing partners’ in the markers box. This way all cards can be verified. Gross scores must be included as well as the Stableford points. Cards will just be signed by the player, i.e no markers signature. We are very trusting!

Results of the day will be posted on the forum as soon as the cards can be reconciled.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site

Part 3,
Richard asked me to post this as it was in PDF format

Bearwood Lakes

Guest Guide – with Covid-19 amendments

Arrival at the Club and Dress Code

On the course: When playing, you may use the Driving Range and Practice Ground no more than 30 minutes before your tee-time (you may utilise the Clubhouse before this time).

The changing rooms are only open for toilet facilities. Please change your shoes in the car park. Lockers and showers should not be used at this time.

When using the course or practice facilities, golfers should wear attire specifically manufactured for the game of golf. Under no circumstances are jeans, jogging bottoms, football / rugby shirts or training / cricket shoes allowed. All midriff should be covered. Smart / tailored shorts may be worn with WHITE sports socks which must be visible by 1 inch above the top of the shoe. Men's shirts must be tucked in at all times. If choosing to wear a cap, this should be worn the correct way round. Metal spikes are NOT permitted.

Off the course: To meet Government regulations we are required to take names and contact details for everyone who uses the Lounge, Sports Bar, Balcony and Restaurant – this is for Track and Trace purposes.

Smart casual dress may be worn throughout the Clubhouse at all times unless specified otherwise by your host. Smart jeans / trainers may be worn at Bearwood Lakes, however scruffy / ripped jeans are not permitted. Soft spiked and spiked golf shoes are not allowed in the Lounge or Restaurant although you may access the Balcony and Sports Bar wearing them. Metal spikes are NOT permitted. Caps should not be worn in the Clubhouse.

Etiquette
Please take care of our golf course as you would your own; so please repair pitchmarks on the greens and replace divots on the fairways and in the rough. Please keep trolleys and buggies out of the rough and away from the greens. From the end of October until the end of March we operate a Winter Wheel policy, therefore trolleys must be fitted with recognised winter wheels in order to be used on the Golf Course.

Personal rakes are essential. These can be purchased or rented through the Pro Shop. Bunkers MUST be raked after leaving the hazard.

Slow Play
A 4-ball should take no longer than 4:10 hours allowing for a 10 minute stop at our Halfway House. So please keep up with the group in front, watch your time and allow faster playing groups to play through.

Yardages
Yardages are marked on the sprinkler heads showing distances in yards, to the front and the middle of the greens.

Mobile Phones
Please refrain using mobile phones on the course unless in an emergency. Use in the Clubhouse should be restricted to text and internet browsing. Voice calls should not be taken inside the Clubhouse.

Directions

From the M3
Exit Junction 3 and take the A322 to Bracknell. Follow signs through Bracknell towards the M4 and Reading. Join the A329(M) towards Reading and exit at the Winnersh Triangle (also sign posted Park & Ride, Multiplex Cinema and Woodley). Then follow directions as *From The M4, as shown below.

From The M4
Exit at Junction 10 and take the A329(M) towards Reading. Take first exit at Winnersh Triangle (also sign posted Park & Ride, Multiplex Cinema and Woodley). *Follow signs towards Wokingham on A329. Turn right at the main crossroads and traffic lights by Sainsbury’s. Turn left at mini roundabout into Bearwood Road. Pass Walter Arms Pub and Church on left. Bearwood Lakes is 300 yards on right.

We hope you enjoy your visit to Bearwood Lakes Golf Club and thank you for respecting our rules.​

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Quick update.

You should not arrive at the club until one hour before your tee time. Bacon rolls will be served from 08.00 with first tee times at 09.00 from 1st and 10th tees.

If you wish to use the practice ground you should do so within 30 minutes of your tee time.

You will need to change into golf shoes in the car park, and not changing rooms. You will only need masks in the pro shop.

You will need a rake on the course. These can be bought for £7 or hired for £2 from the pro shop.

Buggies can be hired from the pro shop. £35 and can not be shared.

There is a halfway house at the 10th, and also drinks, nibbles outside the clubhouse. Cash or cards, no accounts. Same goes for the bar, pay as you go.

We are not sure how the food will be served, Carvery or served on a plate, but there will be a choice of meats, probably gammon and beef, with a pudding, probably cheesecake to follow. Please advise me of any special dietary requirements.

Could forumers bringing guests please let them know the above before the day.

Please let me know if you need an early or late tee time. If you are not bothered I will slot you in where convenient. Suggest those with long journeys afterwards might want to play early, as well as those staying locally in Wokingham ? Hopefully most of you will not mind what time you tee off, which makes the start sheet easier to sort out !

Any queries please ask.

Cheers
Rich

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I'm staying with the rest of the herberts in Wokingham richart, but I'm also local in terms of getting home, so happy to take a later one as long as I'm not putting through StuC's footmarks... ;)

Evening Stu. :)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I'm planning to get there around 8am but I'll need a bit of time on the driving range as I haven't picked up my clubs since the Old Farts matches last year.
So any tee time after about 3pm would do me Rich.
:cry::cry::cry:

PS I'm going to need a buggy as my left trotter is giving me awful gyp. Advisable to phone the clubhouse in advance and book???

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi - I'm staying locally and its not too far to travel home so Tee time is not an issue for me

Question regarding the personal rakes that can be hired

Personal rakes are essential. These can be purchased or rented through the Pro Shop. Bunkers MUST be raked after leaving the hazard.

are they the type that fit over a grip of a club, if so will they fit a Midsized grip?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Mine slides on from the shaft and over the grip. So I'd imagine it'll be OK. Will likely just stop an inch from the end of club, but woukd still be fit for purpose.