H & S gone too far

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
H.I.D bought a poppy today and they wouldn't give her a pin. Because it was dangerous!

Where will we go from here?... buttonless remotes because of RSI :D

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Proof - as if we needed it - that the World has gone stark raving BONKERS.

But why do we put up with it?

And how do they think HID is supposed to affix the aforementioned Poppy?

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't hate many things but H + S are on that list, they ruin every thing! And just add so much paperwork onto every thing!!

They are up there with traffic wardens and Chavs on my hate list!

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Health and safety is necessary to protect workers and memebrs of the public from danger in various walks of life.

However the over the top use of H&S to stop certain activities is stupid.

My son is a scout and this year Ireland hosted an international Jamboree-unfortunately the weather was shite and the H&S committee cancelled a number of events-they eventually became known as the cancellation committee. Scouting should be fun and an adventure-

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Perhaps some anti H & S demonstration is called for.

How about a rally conducted with our laces not tied. Is that an arrestable offence.

For god sake why don't these people get proper jobs?

Clansman

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The maintenance engineer at my work is was not allowed to use a ladder until he had been on a course - 1st part of course says that you must keep one foot on the ground at all times - how the f**k can you climb a ladder with one foot on the ground at all times???

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Did you know you are not allowed to pick up a cardboard box without 'box handling' gloves. Where the heck do you buy box handling gloves?

A further thing with HS, is that if something is really really really dangerous, sticking a sign on it saying danger, makes it safer.

Daft.

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Its ambulance chasing lawyers who are to blame!

Any accident at work can now lead to a claim for compo so companies are terrified, insurance premiums are huge and to try and get them down they attempt to cover every possibility so if you do have an accident they can say "Well you've been on the one foot in front of the other course".

It's crazy my old work banned us walking up the stairs with a cup of tea in our hands!

evita4

Head Pro
Visit site
I have seen two fantastic (stupid) signs recently. One on a coffee machine said " Danger this machine produces hot water" and the other in a motorway service centre bathroom "Caution the area around the sinks may be wet" Are people so bloody stupid that they need to be told coffee may be hot and a sink surround may be wet? Stop putting these signs up, let the stupid people kill themselves. It may be the new form of natural selection.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
In 20 years time we will have a society full of people on invalidity benefit due to spending all there unemployed existance playing Nintendo Wii and as a result having cronic R.S.T.

CHOOSE LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
My employer has to put us on manual handling course for closing gates and car park barriers..Go figure!

In some cases we have to fill in 2 permits for contractors that take about 8 minutes for someone to go on a roof for 60 seconds. Them 2 permits must then be filled and archived for about 5 bloody years!

Not sure about anywhere else but locally they banned pinning poppies on people about 4 years ago because someone was pricked with a pin, I mean what kind of sad **** would make a complaint agaisnt most probably a war vetren giving thier own time on a cold novembers day to raise a few hundred quid to help ex service men/women etc.