H/C rises.

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
As far I was aware changes came in this year to allow your handicap to go up as well as down. From what I read if you have 7 or more .1's up it triggered the computer to the opposite of an ESR whatever it's called. My friend has now had 9 straight .1's back due to a dodgy leg but his h/c has remained the same. Thinking about it I haven't come across anybody who has had this.
Am I right in thinking this and has anyone out there had a rise?

D

Deleted member 15344

As far I was aware changes came in this year to allow your handicap to go up as well as down. From what I read if you have 7 or more .1's up it triggered the computer to the opposite of an ESR whatever it's called. My friend has now had 9 straight .1's back due to a dodgy leg but his h/c has remained the same. Thinking about it I haven't come across anybody who has had this.

It's not an automated process and it has to be administered by the HC committee

Once a month I run the report - then check the history of the players reported and adjust if needed - I have adjusted 5 people so far

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I know one person who has had an increase of 1.0 on his handicap, and he isn't very happy about it because it stopped him from playing for our Foxes team! Basically if you miss buffer 7 times in a row and get an 0.1 increase each time, this will be flagged up by the handicap software for consideration by the handicap committee. It is not automatic.

D

Deleted member 16999

My Club has just done it's first review and 8 people all received rises between 1 and 1.9.

All happy and no issues