Gutted

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just back from A and E have a small buckle fracture of the wrist when I fell playing 5's tonight. Strapped up and recommended no golf for at least 4 weeks.

Singles semi final tomorrow at 1pm and looks like I have to give a bye into the final, did think about playing one handed for 5 mins then came to my senses.

Nice way to end my match play ties, should know better playing football at my age.
Got a trip planned to Dundonald on Tuesday going to try lots of ice and a support to make it lol.

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Bummer, strap well and a nice tight/firm tubi-grip, swing easier and some 'Ibuprofen' should get you through the day, worth a try anyhoo... :thup:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
At present you have a stable fracture. If you play, and extend the buckle, you risk turning a 3-4 week lay off into an 8 week lay off, including an op to restabilise the fracture. Your choice but I'd recommend not playing.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I feel your pain. I haven't played for five weeks now due to health issues. Like you I had to give my scratch semi-final to the other guy. was annoyed at first but have got over it now.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just back from A and E have a small buckle fracture of the wrist when I fell playing 5's tonight. Strapped up and recommended no golf for at least 4 weeks.

Singles semi final tomorrow at 1pm and looks like I have to give a bye into the final, did think about playing one handed for 5 mins then came to my senses.

Nice way to end my match play ties, should know better playing football at my age.
Got a trip planned to Dundonald on Tuesday going to try lots of ice and a support to make it lol.
I had a scaphoid fracture playing in goal when I was 16.
It was misdiagnosed as a sprain , ended up having a major op on it and it's plagued me all my life.
Sort it out now , no golf until it's healed properly .
Theres always another game but your health comes first.
good luck.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
A stitch in time could save nine, if it is crap now play tomorrow and it will be proper crap. Gutted for you but give it a miss.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Spent over 3 hours in A & E myself yesterday. Was bitten on my arm by something at Sunningdale on Wednesday and by Thursday morning there was a four inch swelling down the arm. By the time I got to work the swelling had got to five inches so I went to the chemists and they gave me some antihistamine tablets but said if it increased any more I should go to A & E. A couple of hours later I was duly sat in the queue waiting to see the doctor. Eventually came away with a course of antibiotics but was told that if I started to get lines up my arm I would have to be admitted to get antibiotics by intravenous drip. One day on and the swelling hasn't gone down but it hasn't increased either.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cheers mate, going to lay off as you say better 4 weeks than 8 at least.

Is the right answer :thup:

We've both been on this Forum for best part of 10 years now and how many times have we seen people with injuries come back too soon - and regret it?

Me included :eek:

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'd liken this to sticking your ball in the deep rough, behind a tree; take your medicine and hack out sideways.

As many have said already, accept a 4 week layoff and don't risk an 8 week layoff or worse!