Grips/Extra Tape

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This might help premium tape (as used in a pro shop) is just under 0.2mm masking tape around 0.1mm (I leave you to do the maths)

chart.png

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Measurement 1 is wrist crease to end of longest finger.
Measurement 2 is length of longest finger.
This gives you a starting point then you just go with feel.

Neeko1988

Visit site
That is a brilliant chart thank you. I’m in between standard with 2 or 3 wraps. As I’m putting .60 grip on .60 shaft (.58 grip at moment) I’ll go 2 masking tape and 1 grip tape see how it feels

Thanks again everybody really appreciate ur help

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I am one that disagrees with charts etc. Trial and error and see what feels best to you. I have small hands but use midsize grips with 3 layers of masking tape and a layer of grip tape.

Whatever feels natural is best.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I used to use midsize grips with 3 layers of grip tape. Ive always just used grip tape and buy it in 50m rolls 2 inches wide.
Now Ive changed to jumbo size grips with just the one strip of grip tape, it sort of feels like having to bite the bullet and go up a waist size with your trousers.
I should have done that years ago really.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
One for trial and error myself, over the years I've discovered that 2 layers of masking tape under the grip tape is what allows my grip to feel the most comfortable. If a standard grip feels too thin and midsize too large, I'd start at this point

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am one that disagrees with charts etc. Trial and error and see what feels best to you. I have small hands but use midsize grips with 3 layers of masking tape and a layer of grip tape.

Whatever feels natural is best.

Same, it also depends on your background too, if you've played another sport or have a job that involves gripping an object, you might have a preference based on that.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just an observation. Masking tape isn't what you should be using as it only has adhesive on one side. If you can't get proper grip tape, use double sided carpet tape instead.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just an observation. Masking tape isn't what you should be using as it only has adhesive on one side. If you can't get proper grip tape, use double sided carpet tape instead.
Use masking tape to build up then double sided tape on the last layer to adhere to the grip.