Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CP1

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi all.

Just looking for an opinion on Grip sizes.

I used to have some pings and had them regripped to be larger than standard. I have now bought the Mizunos with standard grips.

Question is do I get them regripped to a larger size?

How do you stand on this and why?

Its just at address, although i can hit the ball ok, it just seems a little more difficut to hold through the swing, but Im not sure if that is lack of confidence.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
When I was fitted for a set of Ping i3's years ago I was advised to go for larger grips. They never felt comfy and I never really played well with them. When I changed to X-20's they had regular grips which felt right and I've been playing better since. Grip size is important but so is what feels right.

snake

Hacker
Visit site
Getting my grips custom fitted changed my game in the last few weeks. Went from standard to very slightly thicker, think pro said it was double wrap, and i'm hitting the ball much sweeter and i no longer get blisters on my hands at the end of a long session on the range.

But you go with what feels good for you.

CP1

Medal Winner
Visit site
i have noticed that since playing with the standard sizes that on my glove (left hand) that on the heel of the hand I am getting rub and is damaging the glove. I wonder if this is also an indication grip may need to be increased in size?

DCB

Visit site
More likely your grip on the club needs to be looked at.

A sound grip shouldn't lead to any wear on one particular part of the glove IMO.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've recently had all my clubs re-gripped to the Ping Mid-size (yellow) from their respective standard sizes.

In my case, I have a problem at times with both closing and opening my hands due to nodules on the tendons. There is a (non-guaranteed) surgical fix of opening up the entrance of the sheaths the tendons run in but at £5 a club this is much quicker and easier.

Hasn't hurt my game either.