Grip size

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Looking for some advice on grips I currently use standard GP tour velvet and I grip the club really tight to the point it's hurting my hands and causing callus on my palm just below my fingers, I also get quite flicky with my wrists causing a lot of height and lacking distance, I feel a thicker grip would help, my hand size from tip of index finger to wrist crease is 8' thinking midsize with 2 layers might be what I need,

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Looking for some advice on grips I currently use standard GP tour velvet and I grip the club really tight to the point it's hurting my hands and causing callus on my palm just below my fingers, I also get quite flicky with my wrists causing a lot of height and lacking distance, I feel a thicker grip would help, my hand size from tip of index finger to wrist crease is 8' thinking midsize with 2 layers might be what I need,

get one put on one of your irons and try it out, if its right then get the rest done

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Definitely need to try it. Everyone is different and despite the recommended approach of matching grip size to glove size, there are exceptions, like me.

I wear a small glove. Have fairly short fingers too, and yet I switched to midsize grips and find they help my swing be more consistent and avoid flipping my hands sometimes which caused too much of a draw, or even a hook on longer clubs.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Definitely need to try it. Everyone is different and despite the recommended approach of matching grip size to glove size, there are exceptions, like me.

I wear a small glove. Have fairly short fingers too, and yet I switched to midsize grips and find they help my swing be more consistent and avoid flipping my hands sometimes which caused too much of a draw, or even a hook on longer clubs.
I'm definitely going to try midsize in the one club and see how I get on, I also wear a small glove but have longer fingers I prefer the tighter fitting glove over loose, I have the same issue with flipping my hand starting out a draw but can also fade back

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Golfpride CP2 or CPX are really good, as they are a little thicker than standard and also have less taper, so when you grip down a little, it doesn't feel as thin.
I've got the CPX midsize with 4 layers of tape and they're great, and I don't have big hands.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Golfpride CP2 or CPX are really good, as they are a little thicker than standard and also have less taper, so when you grip down a little, it doesn't feel as thin.
I've got the CPX midsize with 4 layers of tape and they're great, and I don't have big hands.
I have been looking at the cp2 my mate has the cp2 3 layers and I do like the feel of them I'm going to get into not this week and see what works best, something needs to change as feeling sore during rounds,

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have been looking at the cp2 my mate has the cp2 3 layers and I do like the feel of them I'm going to get into not this week and see what works best, something needs to change as feeling sore during rounds,
My advice is don’t go to big in one go.
Putting 3 layers on does fill them out.
Just go one tape and see how it goes.
They are pretty easy to remove and add tape if nessesary.
Build up on one club to see what feels best on one club.
Then do the set when your happy with the size.

Teebs

Visit site
I'm GP MC+4 with 2 layers and I have reasonably small hands. Like most have said, try one club and go from there.
Correct size makes a huge difference

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Looking for some advice on grips I currently use standard GP tour velvet and I grip the club really tight to the
point it's hurting my hands and causing callus on my palm just below my fingers, I also get quite flicky with my wrists causing a lot of height and lacking distance, I feel a thicker grip would help, my hand size from tip of index finger to wrist crease is 8' thinking midsize with 2 layers might be what I need,

Anything like the position in the attached picture? That’s exactly where Ben Hogan says they should be.

From memory, unless you have very long fingers, 8” places you in a standard grip on the Ping grip chart.

I’d be inclined to speak to your pro about it and see if he thinks it’s a grip problem or a grip problem if you get my drift. If it’s a club grip get him to change one but save the old one in case. C6F74126-22E1-4F84-95C6-4A5905824F11.jpeg