Grip size problems.

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just wondering what problems you would encounter if your grips were too thick for the size of your hands?

I bought my irons 2nd hand about a year ago and they have golf pride tour velvet mid size grips and i've always felt as though I have to grip harder with my irons compared to the rest of my clubs that have standard grips.

So would it be worth changing all the grips ony irons and would it make much difference?

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had midsize lamkin on my old irons and felt they tended to twist slightly in the grip on impact, when I changed back to standard it felt really wierd at 1st but much more solid

maybe try regripping one and see how it feels

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just wondering what problems you would encounter if your grips were too thick for the size of your hands?

Grip size (and shape) is often overlooked as an issue. Too large would tend to block release and you might stuff the ball out to the right. Too thin and you might get handy.

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Grip size (and shape) is often overlooked as an issue. Too large would tend to block release and you might stuff the ball out to the right. Too thin and you might get handy.

I've always struggled a bit to release the club properly, especially with my irons.

Think I'll just get my irons regripped as the standard grips on my woods and wedges do feel more comftable.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
the old fashioned way was to take your left hand grip, then insert your right pinky between your left pinky and palm, too much room grips too big, no space grips too small.

It's a rough rule of thumb and totally dependent upon finger size and other variables but its a quick ref starting point.

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Went in to the pro shop today after my round and he had a look at my grip and he said they are slightly too thick but not too bad but if they felt wrong then maybe it would be a idea to change them and a few were starting to get a bit shiny.