Grip Care

HRC99

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I got a couple of Cleveland wedges regripped with Golf Pride Multi Compound to match the grips on the rest of my clubs.

They were obviously much better than the rest of my grips so I was wondering if anyone had any tips for looking after them or bringing the others back up to scratch.

To be honest, I've never really done anything with my grips before. I clean my clubs frequently but haven't bothered with grips.

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure about those multi compound ones as they tend to wear out alot quicker than firmer ones as the materials are softer....brushing with hot soapy water gets rid of all the dirt, which helps.....

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
To bring the others back to life you need a soft wire brush (like ones for suede shoes) and hot soapy water. Give them a good going over with the brush and water and then dry off. When completely dry you should see a massive difference in the grips. hope this helps.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I usually do mine once a month unless I've been on the practice ground a lot when I find they tend to get muddy (in winter) or dusty (summer) and so I usually do them once a fortnight then

A little warm water and a touch of washing up liquid and an old nail brush. Make sure you dry them properly afterwards and they are as good as new

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was recently talking with nchap that plays off 4 and he has the same grips for the last 6 years...I was shocked when he told me but on his confession he was told by an old chap years ago who was a pro to put some washing up liquid into warm water and add a capful of Milton to it mix it in and wash the club head with a tooth brush wipe the shaft with a damp cloth of the solution and give the grips a light scrub with the brush also everything is then nice and shiney..... He does this once a month and his grips are perfect..... Whatever is in the milton must do something to make the rubber sticky