Green fee prices

• Thread starter Deleted member 25172
  • Start date

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Bump.

For some reason I was browsing around checking some courses and noticed that Sunningdale will raise their green fee to £275, up from £230 this year. Dredding what the cost will be when/if a new meet is to be arranged in another years time.

Hope there’s still a decent deal to be made when the time come.

That costs more than the annual membership at the club around the corner from where I’m staying

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I appreciate that costs are going up but it's hard to justify that sort of cash for a round of golf - no matter how good the course is.

D

Deleted member 25172

I appreciate that costs are going up but it's hard to justify that sort of cash for a round of golf - no matter how good the course is.

Obviously I can only guess, but I believe that a place like Sunningdale isn’t hiking up its prices cause of rising costs, but simply cause they can.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Wentworth hiked their price up a couple of time some while back, not to bring more money in but to reduce footfall and bring in roughly the same as before

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of my previous clubs had groupon vouchers for green fees .. it was a nightmare for the members with round times exceeding 5hrs.
So I left the club and when I was looking for a new club I investigated their green fees policy and visiting groups.
For me the higher cost the better, set strategy of one group per week on a set day is good .. the cost of membership should cover the clubs running costs. I appreciate its nice to visit and play somewhere but the club has a greater responsibility to its members.

Doodle

Visit site
I suppose it largely depends on how much disposable income you have & maybe what you as an individual consider to be "worth the cost'
Personally, the most I have paid is about £80.
I would want a meal for that kind of money, as well as the golf.

I do watch the pennies & like to feel that I am getting "value for money" so I steer clear of paying what I consider to be silly money.

I have played some cracking courses, just by playing in opens or if I spot a good deal somewhere.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'll speak to Pat the starter we had when I see him next and ask the question about Sunningdale. I would imagine it's an intent to reduce footfall to some degree although I really think if a society wants to play they'll still stump up the cash especially with the lunch to enjoy as well

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Most is about £100, would pay more for open courses or even the £180 day rate for Woburn etc. See it that I have a cheap points membership, get some free rounds with work so therefore willing to pay more. Old course had the history, and hoylake (winter county card) were nice to see that different side, but not necessarily proportionally better than other top 100 courses for £70 say.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
I'll speak to Pat the starter we had when I see him next and ask the question about Sunningdale. I would imagine it's an intent to reduce footfall to some degree although I really think if a society wants to play they'll still stump up the cash especially with the lunch to enjoy as well

Why would a starter be involved in financial strategy at a club like Sunningdale and what would he know about it anyway? Can't wait for the insight.