Great British Bake Off

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Can finally open the thread having been watching on catch up all series and trying to avoid spoilers :)

Thought matt lucas was a breath of fresh air to the team, happy with the winner too. must have been hard to do under the current circumstances so hats off to them all for providing us all with some light relief

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah I really enjoyed that series. I think it's been well summed up by others that the adversity of the situation may have meant a slightly less talented group of contestants but we got better entertainment and better character bonds as a result.

Laura shouldn't have made it to the final but for audience entertainment it was great she did, I genuinely did feel awful for her trying to get over that custard disaster by sticking her head in the freezer. But in that moment we pretty much have 2020 in a nutshell along with huge kudos to Noel Fielding for picking her up from a pretty dark place. Lovely stuff.

I absolutely hate the fancy shmancy stupid twee cakes they all make but it's fun watching.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just watched the final through spoilers (not on here) I knew who the winner was. Which came as no suprise. Finished product wise, I think it has been the worst series I can remember watching. Bottom line for Tash I like seeing average people who have a talent for cooking being able to shine. For me week after week one person shone, the winner Peter. From early on i thought first and second were nailed on.
But Laura, where do you start. Week after week with the exception of one week she was poor. Yet gets into the final. She received some vile online abuse the other week. And Paul Hollywood went on record as saying “ it’s judged from week to week” which I get but she Could of had a brilliant final day and won it. How’s that right.
Look forward to seeing a better choice of contestants next year that focus more on the quality of the bakers than ticking boxes covering all corners of our society.
A well deserved winner.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
It was a good series but I felt a few of the rounds had them baking things that were a bit gimmicky (cake that looks like someone famous). Almost got the feeling at times that the bakes were set up for failure rather than success. Still good viewing but the bakers were often struggling to fail less than the others rather than shine brighter than them