Goswick: Scotland v England (5)

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Upton again Rick, Pretty much decided I will join to be fair, I just want to play it today to seal the deal.

Cant complain at £550 for the year. Has good facilities, half decent course and its on my door step. Good thing is, it seems to have a thriving communtiy of members.

Bad thing is, it just started lashing down :(

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes it is. Problem is I cant play weekends, but I think they have midweek comps come the summer!

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Doh,cheers got your email/PM.

Could ROBO and VIG please let me have the name of the clubs they are attached to please and that will give me the full details I need thanks...

I have the runners and riders for the battle and will post all details re pairings/start times etc in the next couple of days.

With regards to weather report,Goswick was closed from Thursday through to Sunday mid morning,was closed again Monday after another inch of snow Sunday night then opened again yesterday on temp greens (now that doesn't happen often),today it is open with 9 normal greens and 9 temps as 9 greens still have huge pools of ice lying on them so we are edging back to normality.Having looked at the long range it looks like that we wil be back on full course by the weekend hopefully and I have every confidence that we will be fine for thew 20th.

Things are shaping up nicely,pairing sorted,prizes are sorted for a selection of achievments,food sorted etc etc so all we need is some decent weather to come along!

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Getting desperate to get on a course and though there are vague hints of mine opening the flooding in the local area persuades me it won't. So I've booked a tee at minty's gaff for Friday afternoon (1.30 if you can get off mate) and the spare battery is on order.

I was using a 3-i as a belly putter indoors yesterday - seemed to work.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Yes we will be mixing it up on Saturday,no one will play with the same partner on Saturday and I think it would be good to try and totally mix up the 4's.
Playing with different guys is the real idea of the get together,having some fun on the golf course and making new mates.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
no, nothing so startling. the putter was in the car boot and it was raining. The B60 will be in the bag and 5 wedges would confuse me.

could try this on a 3-club event though.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The B60 is a class putter. Despite my hatred of all things Ping, my Dad has a BeCu B60 from yonks ago, which I would love. It has a 38" shaft in, and I putt fantastically with it. Sadly, he seems to have missed all my hints about early inheritance etc.

DCB

Visit site
Going down that way for a few days during half term so I'm hoping to have a wee look at the course at some stage while either on the way down or the way back up. Hopefully things will brighten up, the sun is splitting the skies here this afternoon. It's the warmest it's been for over a week, 5°C !

T

thecraw

I still have bloomin snow on the course and more forecast for tomorrow coupled with low overnight temps. Not looking good although next week has rain and higher temps according to metcheck!

Hopefully get a smack sooner rather than later, nearly took a divot out the carpet earlier!